[WIP] Bitan

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Re: Bitan

Post by Sertraline »

Len wrote:(I’m sick of seeing things in the game that I could just go into my backyard and see) :evil:
:shock: You have little pink tube monsters with antennas in your backyard? :P

And allow me to be the third in saying, the new coloring is beautiful indeed. :)
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Sertraline wrote:
Len wrote:(I’m sick of seeing things in the game that I could just go into my backyard and see) :evil:
:shock: You have little pink tube monsters with antennas in your backyard? :P
Only after eating the evil walking mushrooms!!

however most (not all) of our monsters are a little on the generic side

and small very smal

One more thing, I don’t recommend eating evil walking mushrooms
Pixel Battalion
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

thank you for your comments, now I doing the painful process of change every single frame, and finish the rest of the animations :mrgreen:
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Len wrote:One more thing, I don’t recommend eating evil walking mushrooms
Lol, I copy pasted this into notepad to read it, and it was worth it :)
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Bitan's v2 first attack...

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think the tail attack would look faster when it would use less frames for the attack motion (maybe accompanied by speedlines) and more frames for the pull-back animation.

Here, check this out:
Doesn't it look much more aggressive? I just arranged the frames in a different order.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

Yes, but I think it might do well without the extra frames from the recoil. If you look at a real scorpion sting in action, you'll see that it pulls its stinger back almost as fast as when it makes it's strike. I only know this because I used to work around scorpions and have had to deal with both actual stings and near misses... :|
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Crush wrote:I think the tail attack would look faster when it would use less frames for the attack motion (maybe accompanied by speedlines) and more frames for the pull-back animation.

Here, check this out:
Doesn't it look much more aggressive? I just arranged the frames in a different order.
Yes, is a great improvement, thank you Crush, I'll leave this version as a finished version and I need to work in the walking animation now, which is the most hard to change because they are 14 frames the complete cycle.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

leeor_net wrote:Yes, but I think it might do well without the extra frames from the recoil. If you look at a real scorpion sting in action, you'll see that it pulls its stinger back almost as fast as when it makes it's strike.
The creature here seems a bit more massive and hence the fast retraction would look odd.

Also scorpions don't hug the enemy to be able to hit it with apparent force: they just quickly puncture the skin of the victim and inject poison.
This message used to be meaningful.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Rotonen wrote:
leeor_net wrote:Yes, but I think it might do well without the extra frames from the recoil. If you look at a real scorpion sting in action, you'll see that it pulls its stinger back almost as fast as when it makes it's strike.
The creature here seems a bit more massive and hence the fast retraction would look odd.

Also scorpions don't hug the enemy to be able to hit it with apparent force: they just quickly puncture the skin of the victim and inject poison.
Although I disaggree that massive must be slow, if it is a scorpion it indeed shouldn't hug the enemy by swinging its tail sideway. It would probably hit the enemy by swinging its tail forward overhead from behind.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I like the fast forward move with the slow retract ten legs in total allow him to retract slowly and indeed the victim is dead or at least heavily injured so no hurries :twisted:
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Saphy wrote:
Rotonen wrote:

Although I disaggree that massive must be slow, if it is a scorpion it indeed shouldn't hug the enemy by swinging its tail sideway. It would probably hit the enemy by swinging its tail forward overhead from behind.
Saphy, my intention on this attack is overhead, means Bitan hold the victim's body with the pincers first, so the char will be immobile and then attack with the triple blade right on the head killing with one stroke :twisted:
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

AxlTrozz wrote: Saphy, my intention on this attack is overhead, means Bitan hold the victim's body with the pincers first, so the char will be immobile and then attack with the triple blade right on the head killing with one stroke :twisted:
I see. You may want to redoing the colouring/shading of the tail then. ^_^

Maybe the back side of the tail can be yellow or white?
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Saphy wrote: I see. You may want to redoing the colouring/shading of the tail then. ^_^

Maybe the back side of the tail can be yellow or white?
I'll try to do something about, thank you :wink: yep yesterday in the IRC we were talking about this detail and now I see the confusion, the animation looks odd, your mind can see the sideways movement and the next time will see the overhead....heh
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Ok, I'm trying to solve the issue about the overhead attack, I forgot to take Crush's version, but the frames are the same, so I'll do it later