Thanks for the help

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
MrDan
Peon
Peon

Thanks for the help

Post by MrDan »

Thanks for the help
Last edited by MrDan on 09 Mar 2008, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Trying to compile SVN need help Sorry long post (Error log)

Post by Crush »

We still got a visual studio project file? Noone updated this one in ages. A lot of source files which have been deleted are still in the project, a lot of new files aren't in it and the list of libraries (if you even have them installed) is most likely incomplete, too.

I would suggest you to use Code::Blocks. It is a free IDE and our project files for it are usually quite up-to-date (although a few files might still be missing or superficial). We also provide a DevPak with all the libraries for its compiler (MinGW) which are necessary for compiling TMW. http://themanaworld.org/files/tmw-svn.DevPak

When you insist on using Visual Studio you should create a new project, add all the sourcecode files and manually set the dependencies. We only provide the libraries for MinGW, so you have to get all the librarys listed on http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Dependencies from their respective homepages and maybe even compile some of them yourself.

By the way: Are you sure that you are compiling the right client?
/trunk ist the client for the new server.
The current official client is /branches/0.0
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
MrDan
Peon
Peon

Thanks for the help

Post by MrDan »

Thanks for the help
Last edited by MrDan on 09 Mar 2008, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

TMW is unfortunately not "real easy to make work" for an inexperienced C++ developer. Especially not on windows. We are using a lot of librarys and some of them (like guichan or enet) are quite exotic.

Maybe it would be better for you when you start to learn with a simpler project.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
MrDan
Peon
Peon

Thanks for the help

Post by MrDan »

Thanks for the help
Last edited by MrDan on 09 Mar 2008, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

MrDan wrote:Alright, sorry to play in your sandbox. Never mind, I'll just go figure it out myself. Thought this was a friendly community.
Execuse me, but I did my best to help you. Sorry when this wasn't enough.
  • NOT a game master

MrDan
Peon
Peon

Thanks for the help

Post by MrDan »

Thanks for the help
Last edited by MrDan on 09 Mar 2008, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Actually I'd say getting TMW to compile on Windows is really easy provided that you follow the supported way of development (which doesn't include Visual Studio). Our Windows developers (mostly Crush and ElvenProgrammer) use Code::Blocks, as pointed out by Crush. ElvenProgrammer provides a development package (see "The Mana World DevPak" topic) which includes all the necessary dependencies. When you'd install Code::Blocks and the development package, compiling TMW should be almost as easy as opening the Code::Blocks project file and pressing the compile button.

If you insist on using Visual Studio, you're basically on your own, but feel free to try and if you get it to work you're welcome to help others do the same. However, that's all about setting up the right environment and getting things to compile, rather than learning any actual programming.
MrDan
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDan »

Thanks a million!! 8) now I am on my windows box and installed code::blocks and through much playing, I now have a much shorter error log which appears to revolve mostly around the key.hpp file

anyways here is the log:

C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\include\guichan\key.hpp|128|error: expected identifier before numeric constant|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\include\guichan\key.hpp|128|error: expected `}' before numeric constant|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\include\guichan\key.hpp|128|error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\include\guichan\key.hpp|160|error: expected unqualified-id before "protected"|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\include\guichan\key.hpp|163|error: expected declaration before '}' token|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\include\guichan\key.hpp|57|unterminated #ifndef|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\include\guichan\keyevent.hpp|57|unterminated #ifndef|
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\include\guichan\gui.hpp|57|unterminated #ifndef|
C:\Program Files\The Mana World\SVN\branches\0.0\src\gui\gui.h|24|unterminated #ifndef|
||=== Build finished: 9 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Please, what am I missing? I tried searching for this problem and I can't find an answer that works.

I tried adding the
#ifdef DEFINE
#undef DEFINE
#endif

And still get same errors. (funny part, error log shows same error on same line but line (line 128) is different when I added the code into the file.) go figure... :?

thank you
Dan
Last edited by MrDan on 09 Mar 2008, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

Something that you clearly failed to do was search the forums. Many of the problems you were (and are) having have already been solved. Second, I am from the US myself and have never once had any sort of 'communication' problem. This is a friendly community and the developers are always willing to help (they've been very patient with me... :) ). What you and others facing similar situations often 'forget' to do is a bit of research before posting error logs and questions that have already been answered dozens of times.

As for the key.hpp file, again, search the forums. I had the same problem and even managed to fix it myself just by doing a bit of Googling. Try a forum search with 'key.hpp' and I garantee you'll find your solution.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

MrDan wrote: I tried adding the
#ifdef DEFINE
#undef DEFINE
#endif
Actually is:

Code: Select all

#ifdef DELETE
#undef DELETE
#endif
You can add it right after the inclusion in key.hpp
MrDan
Peon
Peon

Re: Thanks for the help Solution found. : )

Post by MrDan »

Yes that was it! :shock: All this time I copy and paste from Leenor_net's post and it was a TYPO!!! :P (RAZZ)

Thanks to everyone Beer or whatever you drink for everyone. :D

funny thing though When I run the app it says it is still ver 24.. Is it supposed to say that?? It does have target player which I don't think was there before.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Thanks for the help

Post by Crush »

We usually change the version number just before a new release. But when you have multiple TMW versions and you want to know which one you just started you can edit the file winver.h and change the version string to whatever you want by editing the line

Code: Select all

#define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.0.24"
  • NOT a game master

leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Re: Thanks for the help

Post by leeor_net »

Sorry about that typo. I didn't even notice it! :)

I'll actually go and fix my post then... -_-
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek