Music

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Re: Music

Post by Pajarico »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:I get a "file not found"
Me too.

The samples on your myspace are very good. Good mix of modern techniques and old-fashioned blending of instruments. I like them.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Hey guys, sorry about links, I removed content before getting back to work on this, I only put up versions for feedback before taking them down and going back to work on them once I get feedback...

pajerico, thanks for your comments and taking the time to look at my myspace music site. :P

I removed content as the track was not quite on course. The track for Hurnscald (I think crush wants to use it for this?) is now done... Even to the critical ears this is looping perfectly now. Anyone says otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to knife them :D

http://www.infectedmusicdesigns.co.uk/T ... nscald.ogg
Last edited by dariunas on 09 Mar 2008, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I vote for immediate inclusion in Hurnscald. This game is really starting to get some good music and this song is definitely on that list.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Wow really nice track :)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Added to tmwmusic package. Thanks for contribution. Keep up the good work.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Cool 8)

How about someone who's got a few minutes put up a list of areas that require music...

If you put them in a new post with a little detail about the kind of areas they are and what players will encounter or do?

Then composers can pop in, have a look at an area and pick something to do...?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We could need a new forest theme. The current one just sucks IMO. Especially considering that we got some new forest tiles in development which give a very different feel to an area:

Then we could need a soundtrack for the new desert temple by Len and AxlTozz:

And for the new castle tileset by Irukard:
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Dimonds Cove could also use some music. It's quite in there.

It's a general gathering place with shops and an Inn. In a slightly unrelated note I was wondering if music could be triggered by scripts?
The "idea" I had was the band on the stage would allow the player to select from some choices what music was played. This could range from a couple of specific songs or every song in the game.I understand that this would be player specific and not everyone would hear what one person selected be played but it would be a nice little gimmick.

All in all I say that you have the perfect musical style to create the atmosphere of the game. Great work. This game really needs a talented composer who could stick with it.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Dimonds Cove HAS music (clouds calling.ogg). I think QOAL added it. Although I don't think it fits very well but this is just my personal opinion.

Music files are not tracked in subversion or updated through the update system because of their big file size. That's why most people don't have that file yet. But the track has been added to the tmwmusic package today.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

dariunas wrote:Hey guys, sorry about links, I removed content before getting back to work on this, I only put up versions for feedback before taking them down and going back to work on them once I get feedback...

pajerico, thanks for your comments and taking the time to look at my myspace music site. :P

I removed content as the track was not quite on course. The track for Hurnscald (I think crush wants to use it for this?) is now done... Even to the critical ears this is looping perfectly now. Anyone says otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to knife them :D

http://www.infectedmusicdesigns.co.uk/T ... nscald.ogg
Simply brilliant!

You remind me of:

http://www.myspace.com/anexplorer

And that is NOT a bad thing!

I would really love to hear more from you! ;)

I where so fortunate to hear the second version before it where taken down (talking about the "dark part"), and that really ROCKED! just not as a part of that music track. (A little to dark and depressing in the middle of a happy relax. track :) )

So keep up the good work, and know that i from now on expect to see great things from you! :lol:

// GonzoDark

ps. congrats with the first track accept.
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Crush wrote:Dimonds Cove HAS music (clouds calling.ogg). I think QOAL added it. Although I don't think it fits very well but this is just my personal opinion.
Ah, I've heard it. This seems more fitting for the forest area surely?
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

A pub/restaurant whatever needs a bit more folk :)

like that
http://secretofmana.planets.gamespy.com ... vening.mp3
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Ah, yes... I have this soundtrack... Secret of Mana has amazing music. They really got the best from SNES' 8 channel PCM audio chip. I believe this track was in the caves with the dwarves...

The themes for the ice continent, final palace and world map were brilliant!!
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Crush wrote:Dimonds Cove HAS music (clouds calling.ogg). I think QOAL added it. Although I don't think it fits very well but this is just my personal opinion.
I actually added the track when I was making because it was the only one not used that was submitted for use.
I agree it doesn't fit well at all. Thats why I suggested a new song for it. It would fit better in a forest environment.
Crush wrote: Music files are not tracked in subversion or updated through the update system because of their big file size. That's why most people don't have that file yet. But the track has been added to the tmwmusic package today.
Then thats why I never heard it in there. I'll have to get the music package then. I haven't gotten around to getting it since I compiled the SVN. I play with the music off almost all of the time.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?