Chat...

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

And1

Chat...

Post by And1 »

Hey guys...

What about Nick-Tabcompletion and Nick-Highlighting in the chat, think it would be nice... =)

EDIT: And what about a double-click-feature in the inventory to use/equip items...?

Greets, And1 =)
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Re: Chat...

Post by trapdoor »

This should probably be in the Suggestions forum.

Nick highlighting shouldn't be a problem, but nick tab completion could get a little more tricky, I cant see it being possible in the General chat. It should be possible with normal chat channels though, since the client should request a list of all users when you join the channel. It can then use this list to know what nicks can be completed.

--
trapdoor
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

For questions like these, I tend to look toward successful commercial games like World of Warcraft. WoW offers name completion in the mail-system only. So if TMW ends up with a mail system similar to WoW's, you could do that.

Otherwise, I would agree with trapdoor -- it probably wouldn't work in General Chat but it could be effective in guild or private channel chat.

It could also be possible to do name completion for only those users that are either on someone's friends list or in the same guild.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Peon
Peon

Post by Newbie »

How about nick completion in general chat only for those players who you can see right now?
That would not be impossible to implement. Or am I wrong?
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

Not impossible but a good amount of work. Also, I don't know if that would be good or if it would just annoy people. I know if I was typing in a user name and it kept auto-completing with nearby users I'd get very frustrated very fast.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Peon
Peon

Post by Newbie »

leeor_net wrote:Not impossible but a good amount of work. Also, I don't know if that would be good or if it would just annoy people. I know if I was typing in a user name and it kept auto-completing with nearby users I'd get very frustrated very fast.
You'd have to press 'tab' for completition.
I (too) am not sure if it's good or bad an idea.
Thoughts anyone?