Request for NEW Items and Addition to Woodland Indoor Tiles

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Request for NEW Items and Addition to Woodland Indoor Tiles

Post by Merlin »

I would like to know if any items that are not yet available are completed to be included in the new maps I am creating. I plan on 2 different store NPCs to be on the 2nd floor and would like to offer something more then already available.

Also I would like to know if there are any additions to the tileset that could be of use. I plan on porting simple things from the inn tileset into the woodland tileset to add more decorations to that tileset.

Thank You

MerlinX420
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

I'm not sure, but I think adding to the existing tilesets, would make the current maps unusable. Perhaps a new tileset altoghether might be easier
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It is no problem to add new tiles to a tileset as long as the positions of the existing tiles don't change.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

And woodland indoor has plenty of extra space. Adding a new tileset for the additions is also possible.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Re: Request for NEW Items and Addition to Woodland Indoor Tiles

Post by yosuhara »

I updated tileset with some of my older and few new items... that skull can be used in some kind of witch/shaman/alchemist lair :)

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6526/w ... oorjv0.png
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I like the additions...I'll use the kitchen things in dimonds cove.
I could use some more wall decorations. Like paintings and such. Just an Idea.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

MerlinX420 wrote:I like the additions...I'll use the kitchen things in dimonds cove.
I could use some more wall decorations. Like paintings and such. Just an Idea.
like this? Image

excuse it's simplicity :oops:
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Exactly. Hit it right on the dot. Yhea some paintings like that would really add some style to the place.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

This is perhaps not the place but it occured to me -- Dimonds Cove -- is it supposed to be spelled that way or should it instead be Diamond's Cove? And if it is spelled correctly, how is it supposed to be pronounced?
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

leeor_net wrote:This is perhaps not the place but it occured to me -- Dimonds Cove -- is it supposed to be spelled that way or should it instead be Diamond's Cove? And if it is spelled correctly, how is it supposed to be pronounced?
It is named after a person in-game (go up to the first floor to get more info)

// GonzoDark

EDIT:

"One day Dimond D Stone dreamed of her own restaurant. She sold her food alone in this spot for some time. She longed for the day she would have a building. She meet an adventurer named Merlin outside of the desert mines one day. They became friends and Dimond told Merlin about her idea. Merlin was a accomplished carpenter (real info) and wanted to make a new place in the world. He told Dimond that he would make her restaurant for her. He gathered the tools and after much hard work, Dimonds Cove was built."

If you want to know more, then read http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =13&t=3471
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

leeor_net wrote:This is perhaps not the place but it occured to me -- Dimonds Cove -- is it supposed to be spelled that way or should it instead be Diamond's Cove? And if it is spelled correctly, how is it supposed to be pronounced?
I think Gonzo answeared it best, but i figure I might as well clear this up also. It was intentionaly misspelled the same as the name of the player it's named after.
MerlinX420
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

MerlinX420 wrote:Exactly. Hit it right on the dot. Yeah some paintings like that would really add some style to the place.
i tried my hand at some portrait...
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

MerlinX420, GonzoDark, thank you for clearing that up for me... :)
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

yosuhara wrote:I updated tileset with some of my older and few new items... that skull can be used in some kind of witch/shaman/alchemist lair :)

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6526/w ... oorjv0.png
Why hasn't this updated tileset been used yet, including the paintings? Are we waiting on them to be improved? In my opinion it can be included as is to allow some more variation in the indoor areas.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

As long as the size of an object is set in stone, you can always come back and retouch it.

I guess this was just lost due to poor and almost nonexistent task tracking on our art front.

I'd seriously like to see the art front to start to use the mantis too.
This message used to be meaningful.