Request for animated NPCs

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Request for animated NPCs

Post by Crush »

I recently implemented the script bindings to make NPCs walk around on the new server. Unfortunately this looks still very stupid because the NPCs aren't animated. So I would like to ask if someone feels like animating some NPCs. Required are walking animations for up, down, left and right. You can use as many frames as you want.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Re: Request for animated NPCs

Post by Black Don »

Crush could the NPCs be image dyed like monsters?
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Sure.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Crush just to give you a better idea of what I was planing to do is make 2 guys, 2 girls, all with gray scaled hair, shirt, and pants to make them more reusable. then I will have to animate from scratch two children (boy and girl). Then if we want we can start animating some of the more memorable NPCs. For some reason I see the bunny girl doing a runway model walk and she needs to hold a drink try if she is to continue to work at the cove. :D
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Note that when you intend to color hair, shirts and pants differently you can't make them all in greyscale. You have to make them in different colors. Besides pure greyscale you can also recolor pure red, green, blue, cyan, magenta or yellow parts of the image. A "pure" color has 100% saturation and a variable volume.

You could, for example, make the hairs in pure red, the shirts in pure blue and the pants in pure green.

See http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Image_dyeing for details.
  • NOT a game master

Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Okay thanks that was what I was not completely understanding from the wiki when I read it. Thanks saved me some work.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Don't forget idle animations for npcs which dont move :)

Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

I was going to base the NPCs off the current Player sprites for standing and walking but I had mention thins in another thread. Its just for a starting base then people can add more unique ones as we go on. :)