KILT

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

lost_soul
Peon
Peon

KILT

Post by lost_soul »

Since I noticed the male players don't have restrictions when it comes to attire, ie. you can equip a skirt, I thought it would be nice to make a kilt, base upon the current "skirt" graphics.....this is just a rough thing I mangled up, there is no sporran (that little pouch that resides in the front http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporran )

perhaps someone else would take the time to render that?

please feel free to modify change or do whatever you please with what i have posted
Attachments
modeled-kilt.png
modeled-kilt.png (5.71 KiB) Viewed 5101 times
kilt.png
kilt.png (27.84 KiB) Viewed 5116 times
Last edited by lost_soul on 24 Mar 2008, 18:28, edited 2 times in total.
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Re: KILT

Post by Vink »

If there's going to be a kilt, I think female characters should be able to wear it too, and male characters should still be able to wear a skirt if they want to.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

I’m sorry but this is going to be very negative (but don’t give up)

It’s too dark (also it looks nothing like cloth)

Um… it looks like you made a pattern and…Um

Just draw it next time
Pixel Battalion
lost_soul
Peon
Peon

Post by lost_soul »

hahah, yeah that's exactly what I did! Like I said, it's something rough that I "mangled" up. pretty much something I did just to generate others ideas and creativitey, far from anything that is ready. :D
ZeroMax
Peon
Peon

Post by ZeroMax »

I think it looks good. A blackish/dark kilt.
I think it should be sold along with the skirt.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

ZeroMax wrote:I think it looks good. A blackish/dark kilt.
I think it should be sold along with the skirt.
No.

Also keep out of the lair of the angry pixel people without something to back your opinions with. (I think we need a angry pixel person smiley on the forums...)
This message used to be meaningful.
Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

I like the idea of a kilt, I took your design and made it brighter. Keep up the good work.
Attachments
kilt.png
kilt.png (114.96 KiB) Viewed 4714 times
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

Landon wrote:I like the idea of a kilt, I took your design and made it brighter. Keep up the good work.
Sorry to say it, but that looks terrible - but I also like the idea of a kilt :wink:

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

the brighter is better but it still needs shadow to make it look less flat
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

I did not design it, just lightened it. Plus I am pretty drunk right now and have poor depth perception....LOL :shock:

Plus I am not rude, I am not going to say "Your work sucks" or "It looks terrible"
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Saying "It looks terrible" doesn't help anyone. Don't make such comments when you can't give any reasons why it looks terrible in your opinion.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

Crush wrote:Saying "It looks terrible" doesn't help anyone. Don't make such comments when you can't give any reasons why it looks terrible in your opinion.
Like Len pointed out, it just look like a pattern there have been copy pasted over a skirt... and like Don said - It looks flat and needs shadow - I am not saying this to be evil and say "lol you suck!". Trying to say that it just looks less-done right now, but it is a nice idea, and I believe it needs a lot of more work. :wink:

So don't loose your spirit lost_soul :wink:

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

This is why you can not use a flat pattern on a piece of clothing that is suppose to flex and bend.
All the lighting in the world will not fix this.

"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Black Don wrote:This is why you can not use a flat pattern on a piece of clothing that is suppose to flex and bend.

You know that LucasArts got away with that with Stan, right? Also see Stan (with Weird Al - Hardware Store) and this YouTube video from around 3:40. And they kept it up even in the 3D version. :-)
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Bjørn wrote:
Black Don wrote:This is why you can not use a flat pattern on a piece of clothing that is suppose to flex and bend.

You know that LucasArts got away with that with Stan, right? Also see Stan (with Weird Al - Hardware Store) and this YouTube video from around 3:40. And they kept it up even in the 3D version. :-)
Having played all 4 Monkey Island games. Stan was a secondary character with limited screen time. You did not have to watch him all the time as he walked around.