GM Crown

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Black Don
Knight
Knight

GM Crown

Post by Black Don »

So this is how it happened, I log in to TMW one day and low and behold there is a GM sitting there wearing the pants I made for a new quest and map. Was the map or quest put in the game yet ... no. No the GM was sitting there smugly wearing them in front of everyone Lording it over all of us lesser people. So I decided that since some GMs feel it necessary to put the rest of us in our place I made them a proper hat to Lord it over us with. :P

"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Len
Knight
Knight

Re: GM Crown

Post by Len »

Black Don wrote:So this is how it happened, I log in to TMW one day and low and behold there is a GM sitting there wearing the pants I made for a new quest and map. Was the map or quest put in the game yet ... no. No the GM was sitting there smugly wearing them in front of everyone Lording it over all of us lesser people. So I decided that since some GMs feel it necessary to put the rest of us in our place I made them a proper hat to Lord it over us with. :P

I rather GMs blend in and show off as little as possible (I also want that helm *drool*)
Pixel Battalion
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Thats why its a hat they just don't have to have it equipped if the prince wants to play popper.
:P
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I love it. And players are already asking for items anyway.

Regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The crown is a nice item but I would prefer a status symbol for GMs and developers which says more "I work here" instead of "I am your mighty overlord".

How about a baseball cap with the letters "DEV" or "GM" on the front?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Crush wrote:The crown is a nice item but I would prefer a status symbol for GMs and developers which says more "I work here" instead of "I am your mighty overlord".

I could do that but just so you know a cap with the letter GM on it in North America means you like to drive a Chevy Truck. :oops:
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

I think it's more GM-like when you get announced by thunder and you look like Sauron.
Matches better with Platyna's personality anyway ;)
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Black Don wrote:
Crush wrote:The crown is a nice item but I would prefer a status symbol for GMs and developers which says more "I work here" instead of "I am your mighty overlord".

I could do that but just so you know a cap with the letter GM on it in North America means you like to drive a Chevy Truck. :oops:
Well here you are any way Crush. I started the thread as a snipe a Platyna for wearing the chaps in game but now I will end it as a thank you. So for all the Dev's who want to look like a trucker like Crush enjoy.

Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Black Don your headgear is always spectacular, keep it up :P
Pixel Battalion
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Not all Dev's are GM's and
not all GM's are Dev's

Instead of having 1 hat with both "dev" and "GM", why not have 2 versions?
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

EJlol wrote:Not all Dev's are GM's and
not all GM's are Dev's

And I want a special "Translator" hat =) <-- That could be cool!

hehe =)

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

EJlol wrote:Not all Dev's are GM's and
not all GM's are Dev's

My mom once told me you can't please everyone all the time but I was never a good at listening. :P

and they are all done with a pure red so according to what Crush has shown me they should be recolourable.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Black Don wrote:... since some GMs feel it necessary to put the rest of us in our place ...
so true :P

We were asking for a dev shirt for a long time, and finally it comes a baseball hat. What to say: superb!
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

I suggest different colour for dev team.

GM - red
DEV - white

Also dev team members should have a toolbox - for example backpack with tools and "DEV" sign. Maybe dev should have white crash helmet (like mining one).
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yeah, the GM population should not stand out.

Although I'm in favor of giving the dev team something nice. A white hard hat and a backpack would be appreciated (also some x-ray flashlight could be nice for comical effects and not hard to do: a playerset revealing round overlay could be possible?)
This message used to be meaningful.