GM Crown

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Len
Knight
Knight

Re: GM Crown

Post by Len »

I'm still not convinced of exclusive equipment for GMs and developers (we should be trying to spoil the players, not ourselves)
Pixel Battalion
Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Post by Sertraline »

Len wrote:I'm still not convinced of exclusive equipment for GMs and developers (we should be trying to spoil the players, not ourselves)
Well, such equipment is helpful to players who don't visit the forums or read the server.txt to distinguish GMs and developers visually. It'll be much easier for them to know who to talk to.

And perhaps, the lust for such exclusive equipment would drive someone to start getting involved more so they have the chance to get it. Anything that leads to more contributions will ultimately "spoil" the players. :)
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

And perhaps, the lust for such exclusive equipment would drive someone to start getting involved more so they have the chance to get it. Anything that leads to more contributions will ultimately "spoil" the players. :)
Or a bunch of people contributing something they made in 5 seconds or ripping things from other games, hoping to become a developer.
Well, such equipment is helpful to players who don't visit the forums or read the server.txt to distinguish GMs and developers visually. It'll be much easier for them to know who to talk to.
or they might just pester you for free stuff all day!
Pixel Battalion
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

then don't wear your devhat. :wink:
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

The hats are all I'm doing. Take it or leave it.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well I like the idea of rewards for some known contributors, something like a hat with "<3 TMW".

For example I wanted such a reward for someone who helps us creating a forum style.
Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

Black Don; you have some awesome work, good job. :D
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Crush wrote:The crown is a nice item but I would prefer a status symbol for GMs and developers which says more "I work here" instead of "I am your mighty overlord".

How about a baseball cap with the letters "DEV" or "GM" on the front?
I disagree - non RPG. The crown fits alot more in that what we want to accomplish (an RPG game).

Regards.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Platyna wrote:
Crush wrote:The crown is a nice item but I would prefer a status symbol for GMs and developers which says more "I work here" instead of "I am your mighty overlord".

How about a baseball cap with the letters "DEV" or "GM" on the front?
I disagree - non RPG. The crown fits alot more in that what we want to accomplish (an RPG game).

Regards.
Now kids I made one for both of you no need to fight :P
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:Well I like the idea of rewards for some known contributors, something like a hat with "<3 TMW".

For example I wanted such a reward for someone who helps us creating a forum style.
We could always hold a login page contest every so often (or something like that) :?: competition might breed products worth putting into the game.
Pixel Battalion