Quick attack bug fixed!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Shaili (a.k.a. tds)
Novice
Novice

Quick attack bug fixed!

Post by Shaili (a.k.a. tds) »

Thanks to Peavey, the quick-attack bug is now fixed. What about adding it to news, when the client is started? ^^
Ingame I am: Shaili, Lv. 9X

Image Proud Italian TMW Player

Image You can find me on Last.fm
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Quick attack bug fixed!

Post by fate »

Cheers, everyone! This sounds like great news to me.

However, it will leave players like myself at a very, very significant advantage over other players who joined after the bugfix. I'm not a developer, but I would strongly urge those that are to consider the following points ASAP:
  • Should player levels be cut down or not? (This can be decided independently of the gold/items/rares reset).
  • Should monster XP be increased?
  • Should the dungeons be changed to reflect this new balance?
And1

Post by And1 »

Hey...

[*] Should Stats be resetted and statuspoints be given to the players...

Andi =)
Shaili (a.k.a. tds)
Novice
Novice

And1 wrote: [*] Should Stats be resetted and statuspoints be given to the players...
Why?

And1

Post by And1 »

Why? - Because now it would be good to push Agility...

And my post was also related to
Crush wrote: When high levels are a problem then how about reducing the levels logarithmical instead of doing a complete wipe? This would reduce the levels of high players more than those of low players. When we would apply the formula newlevel = oldlevel^0.9 we would end up with this:

Code: Select all

Before after
10       8
20       15
30       21
40       28
50       33
60       40
70       46
80       51
90       57
When you think that this reset is not extreme enough we can use a lower constant in the above formula.

To realize the corresponding loss of stats technically I would suggest to combine it with a stat reset. Every character gets reset to the level he is supposed to have according to the above formula with the exact exp amount necessary for the level, all stats get reset to 1 and the character gets the amount of stat points it is supposed to have on this level. Combining the level reduction with the opportunity to redistribute stats would also reduce players grief about this measure.

Andi =)
Last edited by And1 on 06 Apr 2008, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Shaili (a.k.a. tds)
Novice
Novice

The player should know that Agility is useful, although there was the QA Bug.

For example, I have 37 of AGI, by now (lvl. 79)

melonie
Peon
Peon

Post by melonie »

In my opinon the fast attack made the game a LOT more fun. I loved coming in from a long day at work and blasting away snakes or whatever i felt like. It set the game apart from every other game out there. Now after spending forever trying to kill a stupid scorpion it took all the fun out of the game. So as of now I am not playing this game anymore, I mean it is just a game after all. GAMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!![/b] With all the crap about the bugs and game money, wiping all the money, items, and levels. Everyone it is just a game and now with all the politics and bologna it has made it worse than real life.
And1

Post by And1 »

Hey...

The game will be much more fun without this stupid rapid attack bug... it's supposed to be a team-orientated game...
[...] running all over the place like you own it, blasting arrows like a gatling gun, has really nothing to do with role playing.

Andi =)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The problem was that the fast attack bug made archers too powerful. It broke the game and made it impossible to balance.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

melonie wrote:In my opinon the fast attack made the game a LOT more fun. I loved coming in from a long day at work and blasting away snakes or whatever i felt like. It set the game apart from every other game out there. Now after spending forever trying to kill a stupid scorpion it took all the fun out of the game. So as of now I am not playing this game anymore, I mean it is just a game after all. GAMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!![/b] With all the crap about the bugs and game money, wiping all the money, items, and levels. Everyone it is just a game and now with all the politics and bologna it has made it worse than real life.
I agree already deleted characters...what a shame, it was the best game.
Shaili (a.k.a. tds)
Novice
Novice

@ And1

If the level partial wipe will take place, I totally agree ;)

Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

I fully agree with Melonie, this is why I played this game and only this game for over a year now. Now this game is just like any other 2-D MMORPG, I guess there is always Never Winter Knights, I don't know we will see.

melonie wrote:In my opinon the fast attack made the game a LOT more fun. I loved coming in from a long day at work and blasting away snakes or whatever i felt like. It set the game apart from every other game out there. Now after spending forever trying to kill a stupid scorpion it took all the fun out of the game. So as of now I am not playing this game anymore, I mean it is just a game after all. GAMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!![/b] With all the crap about the bugs and game money, wiping all the money, items, and levels. Everyone it is just a game and now with all the politics and bologna it has made it worse than real life.
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

If you played the game to abuse bugs then you may go. Bugs are being fixed, and you have to live with it. Also if you want a game where you can shoot alot of stuff in incredible short time, there are shooters for it - Halo, Quake etc.
Adios, have fun.

All hail Peavey for fixing the bug, at least he is not only one hated.

We do appreciate honest players and we will surely try to make them happy and the game enjoyable.

Regards.