Concept for New Area: Clan Hall

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Should Clans be implemented into TMW?

Yes
57%
Yes, but not this far.
19%
No
5%
No, but good idea.
No votes
No and the idea sucks.
19%

Total votes: 21
redwolf
Peon
Peon

Concept for New Area: Clan Hall

Post by redwolf »

i was sitting on my butt in the marketplace, as i often do, talking with my clan leaders. suddenly, a thought hit me: why don't we build a clan hall to incorporate the growing number of clans? we could make it nice and big, with enough room for expansion and every clan. i could use the dungeon tileset provided on the website, even. i even know where to put it: the portcullis on the northeast cprner of the castle could lead to its courtyard. it's been there for, what, two, three years? why not put it to use? i need some feedback on this. almost every clan has been BEGGING for a clan hall or for clans to have some influence in the game. why not?
I am the RESTER
Come to take away your PAIN
I am an EQUALIZER
I am here to make it rain BLOOD
upon the justice unfulfilled
i give life
and i take it away
I AM THE ONE.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Concept for New Area: Clan Hall

Post by Crush »

Is this supposed to have any function besides serving as a meeting place for guilds?

If no why can't clans do their meetings in any other building? There is a house in hurnscald with a conference room, for example.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
redwolf
Peon
Peon

Post by redwolf »

if my idea pans out, it would be a meeting place,yes, but it would also be able to host 'clan wars' if we were able to implement a link to the PvP arena. also, if this is coupled with the official implementation of cland into the game, it could also hold a prison for offenders in which they are forced to stay in a small room for the duration of their term, and have clan armories where items bought by and donated to the clan can be efficiently distributed.
I am the RESTER
I am an EQUALIZER
i give life
and i take it away
I AM THE ONE.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

I think this idea is great, but if we don't have a clan-function in game, then making a clanhall is like trying to fly when you're not even walking. A simlpe designated area won't really bring more value to the game, there's already enough desolated places to meet up.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
redwolf
Peon
Peon

Post by redwolf »

5t3v3 wrote:I think this idea is great, but if we don't have a clan-function in game, then making a clanhall is like trying to fly when you're not even walking.

Phrenuk is working on a version of the game with clan support, so implementing my clan hall won't really be all that useless after all.
I am the RESTER
I am an EQUALIZER
i give life
and i take it away
I AM THE ONE.
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

I'll abstain from the vote, since it doesn't have the option I would choose: "I don't care"
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Have any of you ever played RO

They basically have a few empty castles, and about once a week they play (basically) pvp capture the flag to decide who takes control of them. Once in control you can make use of various services that none guild members cannot.

War of Emperium

Also known as the "Guild War," for two hours on any day of the week (depending on the server) an event called War of Emperium (commonly abbreviated "WoE") takes place. Guilds that have obtained the Seal of Approval skill may attempt to enter and gain control of a series of castles available in-game. On the fourth floor of each castle lies the Emperium; if a guild breaks another guild's Emperium, that guild gains control of the castle. If a guild can maintain control of a castle until the end of the War of Emperium it will retain control until the next War of Emperium and may gain a variety of benefits for victory, including access to special 'Guild Dungeons', which give the members of the holding guild a definite advantage in gaining experience and items.[9] During War of Emperium hours, the castle maps are set in PvP mode and behave much the same as the standard PvP maps with a few exceptions, in particular the lack of damage indicators and a large decrease to the effectiveness of magic, skills, and ranged attacks. War of Emperium is the most popular feature of the game[10] and most players participate in it at least once per week.[11]
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The guildwar system of Ragnarok Online is really challenging and exciting, but it really suffers from the fact that the games netcode is not really build for the high player numbers which clash together during these battles and lacks the necessary security features for competive multiplayer gaming.

I conceptualized a similar system for the new server: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... arter_Raid
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.