Ninja Hat

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Ninja Hat

Post by Sertraline »

I decided to take on a simple project for my first hat. Without further ado, the ninja hat:

And a small preview made before I lightened and cleaned up the final product above:

GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Ninja Hat

Post by GonzoDark »

Nice idea, I did not know that you had that skill in you :shock:

It needs some work, but I really love the idea :wink:

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

looks like a good start, i would make it a little more round on top and add some charcoal gray and off white highlights.
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Post by Sertraline »

Rounder, a bit lighter, also cleaned up the edges a bit. Thanks for the feedback guys. :)
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Sertraline wrote:I decided to take on a simple project for my first hat. Without further ado, the ninja hat:

And a small preview made before I lightened and cleaned up the final product above

Sertraline wrote:Image

Rounder, a bit lighter, also cleaned up the edges a bit. Thanks for the feedback guys. :)
No, noticeable difference other than it being rounder (keep in mind that even something black has highlights) and I would suggest you never use the blend tool on equipment!
Pixel Battalion
Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Post by Sertraline »

There are at least 5 different shades, I assume it was too dark for you to see.

The first two versions are at the top

However I can only lighten it so much before it stops being a black hat and becomes gray.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Sertraline wrote:There are at least 5 different shades, I assume it was too dark for you to see.

The first two versions are at the top

However I can only lighten it so much before it stops being a black hat and becomes gray.
I can see them... but I need to zoom in to see them, and you don't need to brighten it so much as make the highlights brighter

Example (because I'm a pervert I'm using this image randomly taken off the net as an example)

http://www.rootlinux.com.br/wallpaper/i ... a_Girl.jpg

look at her hair and the strap on her leg both are black but have very light highlights.
Pixel Battalion
Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Post by Sertraline »

Edit Preview

Okay, this one has #3 in the range above as a midtone, and I had to be very careful to get the contrast on the shadows and highlights to look acceptable, but something's not quite right, I'm not sure what.
Last edited by Sertraline on 09 Apr 2008, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Wow, just yesterday I was thinking it would be nice to have a ninja outfit, to go along with the pirates...(pirates v. ninjas)
Imo the second version is the nicest, maybe just lighten the highlights up a tad making them more prominent.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ninjas vs. Pirates PvP: Wear a ninja mask or pirate hat and you can attack people who wear the other headgear anywhere. Would be kind of fun :lol:

Regarding the mask above: You shouldn't be afraid of pulling the contrast up a lot. I think it would also look good when you would mix a bit of blue in the highlight. Blue is frequently used as a highlighting color for black.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

If you have pirates vs. ninjas, you have to also have cowboys 'cause the only thing pirates and ninjas ever agree on is that cowboys are lame ...
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

zick wrote:If you have pirates vs. ninjas, you have to also have cowboys 'cause the only thing pirates and ninjas ever agree on is that cowboys are lame ...
Already done
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3759

and Cowboys rule (Chuck Norris is a Cowboy ie Walker Texas Ranger) :P

Sert if you take a close look at my Cowboy hats you can see a subtle difference in there lighting.

I on the white I darken were the the light was blocked like normal but on the black I lightened the parts were the sun would hit the hardest. I hope that helps. :)
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
ArnelMachida
Newly Registered User

Post by ArnelMachida »

ninja hat plus ninja suite plus ninja gears and weapons and grappling too, badass!! 'grats bro! nicely done!
A dropout will beat a genius through hard work.
ninja grappling hook
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Can someone plz close this old topic?
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.