Login screen.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

SuriKatta
Peon
Peon

Login screen.

Post by SuriKatta »

Muahahaha!

Finally finiiished!

:D
.draHooTgniyrTerAuoY,sihTgnidaeRerAuoYfI
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

You're my hero. :D
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

nice artwork.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I like the picture, but I think it's too "full" of things. I'd prefer if some space was allowed for the login window. Maybe characters on the side and add a horizon? Below a screenshot of the wallpaper when used.

maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

really nice :)

but..
hm i think the picture still looks too drawn-like but i guess using a few gimp filters would solve it ;)
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

What did you use for colouring(sp?)?
SuriKatta
Peon
Peon

Post by SuriKatta »

Maybe characters on the side and add a horizon?
Creating space in the perticular image wouldn't be a problem. I'd just have to kind of... splice and move the characters apart some. The horizon is a good idea... but I'm not sure how well it would work in context with the white background. I'll give it a try and see, tho.
i guess using a few gimp filters would solve it
Maybe. I'll fiddle with it a bit and see what I can come up with.
What did you use for colouring(sp?)?
I used Adobe Photoshop 7, and a Wacom Graphire drawing tablet.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

I quite like it. I think we may have to increase the opacity of our login window to make it work with this background, but on the whole, it's very, very good art. Have you thought about breaking the characters into individuals and posting them separately as concept art? That way we can use them for equipment sprite designs.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
SuriKatta
Peon
Peon

Post by SuriKatta »

Yes, indeedy.

Once I get more into clothing and accessory design, these perticular designs will be fleshed out a little bit more... but, yes. The designs that are stuck on these perticular characters will be in the game, for the most part.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

What OS do you use and what's your opinion on tablet? i ask because i always wanted to get one of those wacom tablets but price and lack of Linux support pulled me back.

:wink:
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Bjørn: I actually think the fullness is pretty nice, particularly when compared to the login screen we've got now. Doesn't visually detract from seeing what's going on. Like Kyokai said, increase the opacity of the window perhaps (although not to fully opaque).

Maci: Well, considering it is drawn... :wink: What sort of style do you have in mind? I wouldn't want to see this turned all pixelly, and the nice shading effects would be ruined in turning it to cell-style.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

well yeah it is drawn .. but if you take a look at our forum logo .. this doesnt look so drawn but its drawn too..
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Pajarico wrote:
What OS do you use and what's your opinion on tablet? i ask because i always wanted to get one of those wacom tablets but price and lack of Linux support pulled me back.

I use my Graphire2 on Linux without problems, see http://linuxwacom.sf.net/. I did need to replace a file in xorg 6.8.2 with a file in the archive that you can download there for it to work, and follow instructions to set up xorg.conf.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

good drawing

yea maybe have a space for the box but its not bad
SuriKatta
Peon
Peon

Post by SuriKatta »

Bjørn wrote:
Pajarico wrote:

I use my Graphire2 on Linux without problems, see http://linuxwacom.sf.net/. I did need to replace a file in xorg 6.8.2 with a file in the archive that you can download there for it to work, and follow instructions to set up xorg.conf.
I use Windows XP (unfortunately... heh. I'd have a Mac if I could /afford/ one... but I can't... so I have to settle for now).

Don't get any sort of tablet unless it's made by Wacom. Wacom tablets are good, reliable tablets. They're very durable, and they last. You can get a tablet that is personally specific... they have many different types and styles at different price ranges. My Graphire3 is perfect for myself. It's small, it fits perfectly right in front of me on my desk (some of the tablets are /huge/), it's comfortable to use, and it gets the job done. I paid about $130-$140 for it. They also come in several colors. Mine's a dark metallic grey one :D