My quest for Jeans...

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

My quest for Jeans...

Post by Red Lord »

Hey, I am a lvl 29 warrior. I have a light platemail, silk headband, short sword, and boots and miners glove. I am currently trying to get jeans by killing cave snakes. I have currently killed 200 and I am going to keep on trying. Also, I have found plenty of lamps, so if you need some help with lamp quest go to the hermit's cave and I will give you some for free.

Any suggestions on how to get them faster?
Formerly Blacklord
Sanga
Novice
Novice

Re: My quest for Jeans...

Post by Sanga »

Blacklord wrote:Hey, I am a lvl 29 warrior. I have a light platemail, silk headband, short sword, and boots and miners glove. I am currently trying to get jeans by killing cave snakes. I have currently killed 200 and I am going to keep on trying. Also, I have found plenty of lamps, so if you need some help with lamp quest go to the hermit's cave and I will give you some for free.

Any suggestions on how to get them faster?
FYI - the drop rate for the jeans is 0.2% (1 in 500), so you may be there a while. On the bright side, at your level, lamp snakes should be very good experience. Don't be surprised if you make 2 or 3 more levels before you get the jeans...
takvera
Peon
Peon

Post by takvera »

Hi Blacklord.
You just have to keep plugging away killing lampsnakes. According to the monster reference, the drop rate for the blue Jeans Shorts is 0.10% or 1 in a thousand. It should keep you busy for a few hours. I know I spent several hours in the lamp snake cave :)

And of course, when your level is much higher :roll: you might want to convert your jeans shorts to Jeans Chaps by collecting 10 snake skins in the new Mountain snake maps to the southeast of Tulimshar, past the snake cave dungeon.
Veracity
“The world is upheld by the veracity of good men [and women]: they make the earth wholesome... Life is sweet and tolerable only in our belief in such society.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
peavey
Novice
Novice

Post by peavey »

Last edited by peavey on 17 Nov 2008, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
blameu
Peon
Peon

Post by blameu »

hmmm seems its time to update the wiki to the currant state of the game

cheers
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

Finally, got the jeans. Now just to level up a bit.
Formerly Blacklord
takvera
Peon
Peon

Post by takvera »

peavey wrote:The wiki is out of date because we are experimenting a bit with balancing after fast attack was fixed, jeans are indeed 1/500 now.
thanks Peavey. So the drop chance changed from 1/1000 to 1/500 which is better after the demise of the fast attack bug.

I am just wondering whether it should be lowered more to maybe 1/100 or 1/200. The attack bug allowed characters to attack at 5-10 times the normal speed, so I'm thinking the drop chance should now be increased a roughly equivalent amount to take into account the loss of the speed attack.

What do others think? :?:
Veracity
“The world is upheld by the veracity of good men [and women]: they make the earth wholesome... Life is sweet and tolerable only in our belief in such society.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

I agree with her! I completely agree!
Maybe some change on all the monster drops.
Ever since the fast attack bug was fixed it is MUCH much harder to kill for players who
used fast attack many times to kill spiders, snakes, mountain snakes, and flowers.
(I'm not trying to complain or anything I'm just making a point that since fast attack went
it's harder to kill monsters that means that it's probably harder to get drops for the monster.)
:o