Flowers need range

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Flowers need range

Post by Vink »

I think that the flower should have some range, to compensate that it's unable to move. Seems unfair to the flower that even relatively low level players using the scythe can kill it if they're not standing too close to it. When you use the bow, at least you lose arrows. The flower deserves better than to be a completely free kill. ;)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Flowers need range

Post by Rotonen »

Seconded.
This message used to be meaningful.
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I really doubt these mobiles would stay exactly as they were made on the current server, once TMWserv finds its niche. I like in SoM how the flowers appeared as normal flowers until you wandered too close, causing them to spring in to action.. of course, SoM's flowers could move about, which I'm not sure we want ours to do. ..I'm not sure what you mean about giving the flowers "range", but I'd rather they fired projectiles and/or projected a field of pollen, instead of making them stretch, or anything too zany.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Roots are an option. They could bind you to the ground, or whip you, cut you, etc, maybe all at once.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

how about, when you attack them, they pop under ground and pop up right behind you >:D
Obviously you wouldn't be able to attack it while it is underground, and you can only lose it by exiting the map. Now that would be an evil flower. But I guess that until tmwserv comes out, adding range to the flowers would solve the problem to. ^_^
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "