Monster maybe?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Monster maybe?

Post by Rotonen »

Don't compress him sideways and no, he is not walking. He is rollerskating.

Notice how you never see his feet swing up for the next step, but rather just kick and slide forward?
This message used to be meaningful.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

We should be able to see the bottom of his feet when he walks toward us. Because you will notice that when you are walking, the front of your foot goes up.
And his shoulders look a bit strange moving so much.
Maybe you could make his head move from side to side just a tiny bit. Since his shoulders move so much, and his head stays the same, I think it would add a lot to it.

That said, I do really like this troll thing. :D
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Superkoop wrote:We should be able to see the bottom of his feet when he walks toward us. Because you will notice that when you are walking, the front of your foot goes up.
And his shoulders look a bit strange moving so much.
Maybe you could make his head move from side to side just a tiny bit. Since his shoulders move so much, and his head stays the same, I think it would add a lot to it.

That said, I do really like this troll thing. :D
I'm not quite sure if we could see bottom of his feet from 45 degree angle...
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

yosuhara wrote:I'm not quite sure if we could see bottom of his feet from 45 degree angle...
That's perhaps true, maybe we wouldn't be able to see the bottom of his feet. But ATM his feet don't really appear to be moving up at all, just back. So basically they need the appearance of moving up when they go forward. =\
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Jetryl
Novice
Novice

Post by Jetryl »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:I see no point in this animation since it's based on copyrighted material.
Inspired by, but not derived from in any way. He didn't trace over it, he didn't borrow parts from it; he was merely inspired by it. It's not any more of a breach of copyright than this game being inspired by Secret of Mana.