Non-Combat pets

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Non-Combat pets

Post by Dr Wahl »

I am making a feeble attempt at creating some pets for entertainment (non-combat pets). My first attempt has been a rat, which looked terrible. If anyone else would like to help or is inspired to give it a shot, by all means, please feel free to take this idea and run with it. If I get an image that is worth posting, I will, but in the mean time, maybe this idea can inspire someone who is more skilled than myself :)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Just don't be discouraged by the fact that your work won't be implemented as a pet for a long while. Implementing as a monster will not be a problem.
This message used to be meaningful.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

I have been around long enough to understand that it will not be implemented until, at the very least, the new server is released. I am hoping I can pixel up something that looks something like a mouse/rat that could be used as a non-combat pet, or could even be used as an NPC-ish sprite for an environment. Thus far, I have managed to take the maggot sprite (mainly for size reference) and make it look completely terrible. :) I will keep everyone updated on my process, should there be any process made.
littlepinksprite
Peon
Peon

Re: Non-Combat pets

Post by littlepinksprite »

Here's an original sprite sheet of Gatomon, a Digimon, ripped off one of their games. See If you get any ideas off of this.
Attachments
Basespng.PNG
Basespng.PNG (125.44 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

Emm XD Pokemon ???.

you have this tiles found or ?.
:D
littlepinksprite
Peon
Peon

Post by littlepinksprite »

Its from ripped off of a Digimon game, and I found it on this site: http://sdb.drshnaps.com/
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

Hmmm this home page and the game is a open souce ???.
:D
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

I like seeing the animated tail movements, gives me ideas :)
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad