Just something I'd throw out there....

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

nButter
Peon
Peon

Just something I'd throw out there....

Post by nButter »

-Hello, I've never really posted or replied to anyone before but I've been browsing around the forums and playing the game for a bit. Open Source 2D MMO fantastic idea and its developing very nicely, I am extremely impressed, not that my opinion matters to anyone here. :P

Anyways to the matter at hand...

I've been looking at the sprites and playing around with the different set of clothing ( whats available of course ) and since I don't really have anything to do ( while I'm not woking or otherwise busy ) I thought I'd do something as well.

Its not that I don't like the sprites as they are now, its very good work! But still I went and made a single standing model of my own. I'll be doing the entire set, combat animations and all I can think of, for myself. If anyone happens to like them I'll gladly distribute them.

Just as a note, I don't feel like the shading in the thigh region is up to par so I'm going to work on that when I finish the full animation sequence. If you have any criticism or any type of opinion I'd be glad to hear it.

edit: makeshift combat suit, note I did not make the suit I just remodelled it to fit the sprite cause dimond insulted my cute little "alien". :P J/k btw.

Have fun!

-B
Attachments
female_sprite_base_Clothed.png
female_sprite_base_Clothed.png (2.04 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
female_sprite_base2.png
female_sprite_base2.png (1.67 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
Last edited by nButter on 24 Apr 2008, 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Just something I'd throw out there....

Post by Crush »

Sorry but the anatomy is so deformed that it doesn't look human anymore but more like some kind of alien.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
nButter
Peon
Peon

Post by nButter »

Well, I was sorta going for the anime-ish stretched chibi look, like the old Elancia game published by nexonasia.

Maybe thats why it looks deformed. xD

Anyways thanks for the comment! I'll work on it see if I can make it less alien-ish. I started working on sprites because I haven't seen any new animations for a while so I thought I'd try to help.

I'll try to see if I can imitate the current model to work with animations and I'll post them both when I finish!

-B
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

if you really want a playerset-related challenge, add frames to the current male and female human graphics, for running animations.

Or maybe some work to refine / expand the Tritan concept..
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

Why not put some clothing on that alien female with the red skin?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

nButter wrote:Well, I was sorta going for the anime-ish stretched chibi look, like the old Elancia game published by nexonasia.

Maybe thats why it looks deformed. xD
The base of any cartoonization, like chibi style, is simplification of minor character features and thus highlighting essential ones. To know what features can be simplified in what way to reach what effect you first have to realize the effect of each character feature.

In other words: You have to know the rules before you can break them.

For that reason it is usually best when you first learn how to draw in a realistic style and then experiment with simplificating your work.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

As right as you are about that, Crush.. I'd rather play the optimist card and assume that there's a good chance nButter CAN draw in a realistic style, since we've yet to see anything to disprove that possibility. :?
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

I didn't insult you.
I just thought it would look better in clothes... :)