phpbb3

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Re: phpbb3

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

As you can see. We're there. Now we need some help in creating a theme in sync with the website
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

if you're just trying to match the website, you could place the website within same frame graphics, instead of just matching the color-schemes. That way, when you clicked to the forum from the main page, the logo and frame would appear unchanged..
Displaying a board within that frame might prove too thin occasionally, when an image is too wide or something like that.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

It is fine, but the font of the font is ugly, and we should make the body width 100% with margins max 3px, WEB 2.0 stripes are stupid.

Regards.
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

Platyna wrote:It is fine, but the font of the font is ugly..
:?
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

And this new forums cannot remember my login. It is very tedious to log in every time I check the forums.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Saphy wrote:And this new forums cannot remember my login. It is very tedious to log in every time I check the forums.
Yes it is. This FAQ points to where the settings are and what needs to be tweaked (if you don't already know).
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

phpbb3 yes is better but the colore is not good :(
:D
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Saphy wrote:And this new forums cannot remember my login. It is very tedious to log in every time I check the forums.
Yes it is. This FAQ points to where the settings are and what needs to be tweaked (if you don't already know).
I can login, it just can't remember my login and thus no automatic logins for me.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

jaxad0127 wrote:
I think it might be reason. I looked at mine cookies in Firefox. I found only old cookie from old forums engine which expired on 14 Feb 2008. New phpbb3 doesn't put any cookie file. So I don't see any other option like checking setting mentioned in that FAQ.

It's really annoying without auto login future since I check the board twice or more times per day.

Also colours could be changed to old one. I liked them.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Saphy wrote:I can login, it just can't remember my login and thus no automatic logins for me.
Thanks for reporting the issues, and thanks to jaxad0127 for linking to the FAQ. I checked out the cookie settings and noticed that something made them have platinum.linux.pl as domain, instead of forums.themanaworld.org. It should be fixed now.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Yes, it works now. Thanks for fixing. Now just restore our old color scheme and I am completely happy ;)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

Bjørn wrote:
Saphy wrote:I can login, it just can't remember my login and thus no automatic logins for me.
Thanks for reporting the issues, and thanks to jaxad0127 for linking to the FAQ. I checked out the cookie settings and noticed that something made them have platinum.linux.pl as domain, instead of forums.themanaworld.org. It should be fixed now.
Thanks a lot! that error really bugged me!

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

I would like to see a RSS-Feed, as already mentioned in past :)

Another thing I'm not very comfortable with, is that the Usernames in the Topics are quite small. - And I'm of the opinion that the big online/offline graphic below the Username is a bit too annoying (it makes me always watch the button instead the username and other more important things...).
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

THREAD BUMP!

What ever happened to the plan to restore the board's color-scheme from this default, SubSilver yuckiness..? Didn't we have someone working on this, that ultimately disappeared?
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Well, GravyTrain was kinda working on it, however, he did not disappear, but merely got bogged down with RL stuff. Seeing as I know him IRL, I will see if he has time to work on this again. Plus, he was trying to make changes earlier and some permission stuff kinda got borked, so I think he was waiting for that to get sorted out so he could get his grubby little fingers working.