[WIP] Bitan

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Re: Bitan

Post by AxlTrozz »

Just for decorative purposes...

Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

Why is it green?
I think maybe a blackish with brown is with red eyes looks scary.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

My intention was beige-brown, heh, may be my monitor...
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

I think she was talking about the normal alive sprite, not the skeleton.
Formerly Blacklord
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Blacklord wrote:I think she was talking about the normal alive sprite, not the skeleton.
sorry, my bad , thank you for clarify , Dimond: once Bitan is finished we can tweak the colors at will, so not a problem we can have it in almost any color ;)
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

It would be cool if there was more than one type of Bitan. Like a Fire or Water Bitan. Anyway, great work on the sprites. I can't wait to see this get done.
Formerly Blacklord
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

Maybe, but I hope to see different bosses, before we just start recoloring the one we have.

Have you thought about scattering the pieces of the skeleton a bit? ..or breaking it apart or something. I'm not sure, maybe it would look stupid.. just a thought.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Dave wrote:Maybe, but I hope to see different bosses, before we just start recoloring the one we have.

Have you thought about scattering the pieces of the skeleton a bit? ..or breaking it apart or something. I'm not sure, maybe it would look stupid.. just a thought.
maybe there can be more versions... this skeleton for example, if Axl add some pieces of rotten flesh on it, it could be corpse of "recently" deceased bitan... another skeleton can be half buried (in sand/dirt) and bones can be scattered or broken... whole Bitan Graveyard! :D
Last edited by yosuhara on 27 Apr 2008, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Perhaps there could be like 3 Bitans that would have to be fought, like you first kill a generic one and you think you are all finished, but then pops out two more!
I think that would be a good way to have more than one color I think. =)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

Well, maybe the current size of Bitan could be used for sub-bosses.. the final Bitan could be larger and more integrated in to a lair. (like a head and tail that comes at you from the walls or by tunneling through the ground, but in such a way that you never see its entire body)
Jetryl
Novice
Novice

Post by Jetryl »

A monster as big as this is going to be extremely difficult to animate well. I would honestly suggest doing what most SNES games (including both SoM2 and SD3) did for "large creatures" like this, and break it into several subsprites which are procedurally animated together.

This of course assumes engine support for that, which would have to be coded.
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

Jetryl wrote:break it into several subsprites which are procedurally animated together.
That's pretty much what I meant about having a larger boss, which isn't entirely visible. Thanks for clarifying.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I've been trying to finish the walking sequence but I had finished just 3 out of 14 frames,

So if any pixel artist aspirant is interested in work with me to finish Bitan I will be more than glad to share work with him or her.

I can provide all the basic files and so the artist aspirant can take a produce a couple of frames so we can have Bitan finished faster, also I'll share any other information and my experience

I hope I have interest on this matter, please post your intentions of contribute with Bitan Here
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Jetryl wrote:A monster as big as this is going to be extremely difficult to animate well. I would honestly suggest doing what most SNES games (including both SoM2 and SD3) did for "large creatures" like this, and break it into several subsprites which are procedurally animated together.

This of course assumes engine support for that, which would have to be coded.
We have the particle engine, which should not be hard to use for procedurally animating large things.
This message used to be meaningful.
tomminator
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tomminator »

whats the status of this great monster? i would love to see it in game
This is not a placeholder