General Development: Outline of goals/expected features

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Akero
Peon
Peon

General Development: Outline of goals/expected features

Post by Akero »

Something I would like to see done as a prospective member of the community...

Developers, please add a sticky/announcement to the General Development topic including a list of things that are being worked on and things you would like to see added in the future. This should/could include but is not limited to; new features being programmed, new features that are being thought about, features in existence that will receive updates/reworking, etc. A bulleted list of these features is what I'm talking about, not paragraphed (though paragraphed explanations of each feature could be added at the bottom of the thread). Not only will the thread help to inform players, but it will also keep everything in focus.

I like what I see so far, but I find it difficult to gather information on where the game is headed. An official stance on what is being done and thought about would be very very helpful to attract people to play and/or help with developing the game.

Note 1: Should probably add a disclaimer in the post telling people that it is a "living" list and that it in no way obligates or ensures that the developers will add all content on the list.

Note 2: Don't put time lines or expected implementation dates in the post. Just say it'll be done when it's done. Though you might want to put progress so far, if it's applicable.

Keep in mind that I've only been playing for a couple days and haven't done too much exploring on the forums, take this post for what it's worth.

In line with this suggestion I would like to see developers open discussion on features that will be added, and appoint moderators to keep these topics in line with the discussion, but this is just a side note.

My two cents,
Akero
Akero
Peon
Peon

Re: General Development: Outline of goals/expected features

Post by Akero »

Forgot to add that you could/should also put a bulleted list of items you would like to receive from the community. For example; if you need a particular sprite drawn, put it on a list viewable by the public and implement the best candidate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: General Development: Outline of goals/expected features

Post by Crush »

Getting an overview of things to do is what http://mantis.themanaworld.org is for.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.