A Poptart

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

A Poptart

Post by Superkoop »

The other day, someone was saying they were going to go eat a poptart. And I thought to myself, I wish I had one.
So I made one...it's not very good I think, but maybe you can tell me how I can make it more not bad. :wink:
Attachments
poptart.png
poptart.png (866 Bytes) Viewed 3627 times
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: A Poptart

Post by Crush »

The outline is very blurred. Did you resize the graphic?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

No, I pixeled a bit in a lowered opacity to make the edges not look so jagged.

I guess that didn't work =\

[Edit] I got rid of the opacity on the edges. But now it looks more rough.
Attachments
poptart.png
poptart.png (789 Bytes) Viewed 3598 times
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

First, when you draw outlines then don't draw the corners like this:
but like this:
When you still think that they are too jagged you can try selective outlining or anti aliasing.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Thank you Crush! Your advice was very helpful indeed!
And I also tried following the guides you posted. =)
Does it look any better now?
Attachments
poptart.png
poptart.png (920 Bytes) Viewed 3476 times
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

What is a poptart? Can't find the word in my dictionaries.
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Hi,

I am not entirely certain about the origins of the word `poptart', but the things I have come to know under that label are flat, rectangular, and overly sweet; they consist of a crust filled with a processed, sugary paste that defies description. On the outside, they are further coated with some sugary concoction and, occasionally, sprinkles, which is where the purple part in the image comes from-- the straweberry-flavoured ones look like the ones in the image.

Poptarts are apparently meant to be toasted before being eaten, though I have never done so the few times I tried them. I consider them a low-grade processed food and (a) recommend against eating them (though considering the poor quality of their texture and taste and their evident unhealthiness, such a recommendation is likely unneccessary), and (b) expect that they would require a slightly different description than the one I just gave if they were to be integrated into tmw.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

A good description of them can be found on Wikipedia.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Or try to search Kellogg's poptarts, oh and they are a register trademark
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I was told by someone that a box of Poptarts contains enough sodium to kill a man. :o

fate, your description of the product should be printed on the package.

If we had poptarts in the game, they should be somehow toastable. Once toasted, they are temporarily more delicious..

"Could you please shoot a fireball at my poptart? FWOOOOSH! Thaaaanks!" *munch-munch*

.. when poptarts are not quickly eaten, they turn in to crumbly sheets of rock. :D Once hardened, they can be used as thrown weapons, like some sort of strawberry shuriken. :lol:

Oh poop. Now we have to call them toaster pastries, or something generic like that. :(
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

I like the idea of a toasted version of it, this could work with the Item Creation System. And would be a use for the cooking skill, like if you are a lower level this is the best you can make, and all the pastry would do is take away health. But later when your cooking skill increases you can make a toasted one, and then it does something good.

And the name Poptart wouldn't have fit in anyways, since I think the "Pop" part of the word is because it goes in a toaster and "pops" up. And it's called a tart, because that's what it is, a tart. So, we could call this a Flashtart (you flash it with fire) or something similar.

(I take it my present version doesn't look as bad)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Superkoop wrote:I like the idea of a toasted version of it, this could work with the Item Creation System. And would be a use for the cooking skill, like if you are a lower level this is the best you can make, and all the pastry would do is take away health. But later when your cooking skill increases you can make a toasted one, and then it does something good.
Let's not discourage people from advancing. Raw pop-tarts could give a small instant boost to health, but decrease regen rate (cumulative, maybe even to the level of poison if you eat too many in too short a time) for a while. Toasted would give a medium boost to health and not affect regen.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Note that the "Item creation system" wiki page is very old and obsolete.

I made some raw notes on a page in my userspace for a more detailed crafting system article I am going to write http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... h/Crafting
  • NOT a game master

Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Ah, I thought that page was not the current plan! I was looking for yours to link, but, I didn't remember it was on your user page. >.<
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Dahawka
Peon
Peon

Post by Dahawka »

poptarts ftw!!! ^^