Hexico's Graphics

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Hexico
Peon
Peon

Hexico's Graphics

Post by Hexico »

EDIT: This was originally for a hat that I made, but I figured I might as well put all of my stuff here.

So, here is the nearly finished product. The Pilot's Helmet.

If nobody complains about quality, all I'll need for it to be done is some sort of inventory image.. I tried more of like a 3/4 perspective but it hasn't turned out the way I wanted it to.. or good at all. :P
Attachments
Pilot's Helmet
Pilot's Helmet
uploadthispilotshelmet.png (6.87 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
Last edited by Hexico on 27 May 2008, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Sword-through-head Hat

Post by Crush »

It looks more like a short pike than an arrow. When you want it to look like an arrow you should make it much thinner and also add a fletching (the wings at the end).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Atmolaguuna
Peon
Peon

Post by Atmolaguuna »

He said he wanted to make it a sword.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

In that case the tip shouldn't be larger than the blade and a hilt should be added.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

I'm not sure how you're interpreting it, but it looks (fairly obviously in my eyes) like this to me:

~Feline Monstrosity
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

What looks like a hilt to you looks like a tip to me.
  • NOT a game master

feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

In that case it needs a re-design. I suggest having the hilt a different colour/texture from the blade.
~Feline Monstrosity
Hexico
Peon
Peon

Post by Hexico »

Thanks for the criticism.. I was trying to use colors from a palette I was sure was already in the game, but I guess it didn't look right. Let's try a blue hilt then.

Well?

I won't finish the set until I find something you guys like.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I don't really like blue for a hilt. I made it brown, I also changed the tip of the sword and made the hilt a bit longer. I hope you don't mind.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Type sword hilt into Google Images, you will see that the sword hilt needs a complete redesign. It should be a bit longer, thiner, and have two colors (color of sword and color of the padding). (and that brown looks like a baby green to me But I am color blind...)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Hexico
Peon
Peon

Post by Hexico »

Superkoop wrote:Type sword hilt into Google Images, you will see that the sword hilt needs a complete redesign. It should be a bit longer, thiner, and have two colors (color of sword and color of the padding). (and that brown looks like a baby green to me But I am color blind...)
You are EXTREMELY color blind then.

I googled sword hilt and most of the results were based on rapiers or just.. really nerdy swords.

I think I might go with the brown, but try to get the effect of the hilt being wrapped in some sort of leather or cloth where you'd grip it. I dunno.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Irukard have a really nice example with sharp edges on the thread below,

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 44&start=0
Hexico
Peon
Peon

Post by Hexico »

Maybe the sword needs a re-design.. I'd rather not keep working on it, because to me the proportions seem pretty good and I want it to seem like it COULD be worn while adventuring, even though it is quite a silly hat.. If it's too wide then it'd just seem like some sort of ugly headgear.

I'd also like it to not exactly seem just like a real sword, because if I want a cool sword it'll be big and have a fantastic hilt and loosely covered in cloth and chains(throw in some zippers and straps for good measure), but this is more of a novelty item. Think of something that would have "Made In China" printed on the back.. Maybe that's not TMW's style..

I'm going to work on a re-design, and then I'll let you guys judge if it's TMW-worthy or not. If not, I'll choose a project that's easier to work with than this.

Here's some more fun..
Wow, I'm really proud of this one. It could still use some more work to fit into the style if it needs a pallete swap or something else. I decided not to outline most of it so that might have to happen.. or I could slap some anti-aliasing on there.
Attachments
pilothelmet.png
pilothelmet.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 2919 times
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

wOOt nice headgear :shock:

It needs some work (and I am not the right one to ask for help) but top nice idea, and it does already look somewhat cool in this first version. :wink:

So keep up the good work, I hope someone can guide you to make this become really slick.

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Actually this one looks already on a good level. I'd start working on the other directions with the same quality level.