Golden platemail auction postponed to Sun. 18:00 @servertime

Where game and project announcements are made.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Golden platemail auction postponed to Sun. 18:00 @servertime

Post by Crush »

Do you want to have an item noone else has?

The TMW development team is going to hold an auction for one (1) golden platemail armor. There are no golden platemails in circulation - all existing ones are owned by developers who will certainly not give them away. This means that the winner of this auction will own an unique item no other player currently possesses.
The auction will be hold at May 18th 18:00 server time (you can querry the current server time by entering @servertime in the ingame chat) on the Village Square of Hurnscald (around the soul menhir in the village in the woodland)

The starting bid is one million GP.

The rules for the auction are:

1. Please don't disturb the auction with unnecessary chatting and follow the instructions of the auctioneer
2. Every bid has to be at least 0.1 million higher than the last one
3. The auction ends when there aren't any new bids for more than one minute
4. Only GP are accepted as payment and they have to be paid immediately after winning the auction with the same character who took part in the auction. So please don't bid more money than you have on your current character (in case the person who wins the auction can't pay the next highest bidder is declared winner).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Golden platemail auction postponed to Sun. 18:00 @servertime

Post by Crush »

Unfortunately I made a critical error while announcing the auction. I announced it at 22:00 GMT while writing 20:00 CEST (the time I meant it to be) in the message itself. But 20:00 CEST is in fact 18:00 GMT while 22:00 GMT is 24:00 CEST.

Postponing the auction to midnight would be unfair for the younger players while holding the auction at 18:00 GMT would be unfair for those who assumed the GMT time to be correct.

For that reason I decided to postpone the auction to Sunday, May 18, 18:00 SERVERTIME. You can querry the current servertime ingame by entering "@servertime" into the chat.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Re: Golden platemail auction postponed to Sun. 18:00 @servertime

Post by Shaggy »

Due to the mix up in times, I am willing to re-auction the Golden Platemail Next Sunday (25th May) at 16:00 GMT. This will be held in Tulimshar market place.

Again, starting bids will be 1M GP, with increments of at least 100,000.

The auctioneer's decision will be final.