Would this be possible to do with your own server/client?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Diggity
Peon
Peon

Would this be possible to do with your own server/client?

Post by Diggity »

Is it possible to implament message Bubbles into the game with borders and boundaries? I am kinda a newb to this stuff and any info would be appreciated =)
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Re: Would this be possible to do with your own server/client?

Post by leeor_net »

Yes, and in fact, we've already implemented it into the LoM branch. Have still some bugs to correct with it but it's working.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Diggity
Peon
Peon

Post by Diggity »

leeor_net wrote:Yes, and in fact, we've already implemented it into the LoM branch. Have still some bugs to correct with it but it's working.

Orly =3

I was wondering if you would be willing to share some knowledge on the subject =3.
And what is this LoM I hear of ?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

LoM is short for Legend of Mazzeroth. It is a fork of the new client and server combination of TMW by leeor_net. He made some interesting improvements to the engine which will very likely be backported when they reached a stable state.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I'd be happy to 'let you in'... not that anything's a secret. But anyway, this Wiki article describes the method we used. It's not totally complete but it at least outlines the changes we needed to make in order to get it working.

Note that there are a few issues with it, namely that speechbubbles are drawn above everything, including the main UI.

http://legendofmazzeroth.wikidot.com/speech-bubbles

The explanation is not totally complete or in-depth so if you have questions by all means don't hesitate to ask.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek