Clothes wish thread

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Chaos Ranger
Novice
Novice

Post by Chaos Ranger »

The Judge wrote:I'm doing full length Chainmail leggings right now...been kind of busy lately but I'll get those finished soon. I would like to see some regular type helmets. Like a plate helmet or something along those lines. I might do that after I wrap up the chain leggings and the golden/enchanted chainmail.
the chainmail shirt looks realy good I noticed its completed and aproved can we expect to see it before the new server?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The chainmail and platemail will be buyable in the new village which is finished and will be released as soon as the server administration finds the time to do so.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Pottsi
Peon
Peon

These clothes? What's going on?

Post by Pottsi »

Alright, I'm not one to complain since i don't make these clothes but sometimes i feel i should say something:

First, i like how when u wear something, u can tell what particular item u are wearing, but, as far as gloves and weapons go, i'd like to be able to c that too. Awesome job with the details for this 2D game.

Second, a better variety of clothes would be nice. I am just putting it out there, but a clothes shop with all sorts of different colored clothing but with no stat gain would be nice. And even if there was a stat gain, it could only be like 1 or somthing. A good location for this would be in the Tulimshar area since it is the starting town.

Third, ARMOR, ARMOR, ARMOR! Armor is all the hype these days. The 2 guards in front of the Tulimshar gate look sweet. Lets let players be able to get that armor. That's about it.

ps. Is it possible to let people see other's levels?
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

I'd like to see a lot of things from Medieval times in here. Like stuff that knights wore and regular clothes that people wore back then. All sorts of stuff like that. A lot more armor, more helmets, more swords/bows/spears/maces/flails/etc in there.
Pottsi
Peon
Peon

Post by Pottsi »

Holy wrote:I'd like to see a lot of things from Medieval times in here. Like stuff that knights wore and regular clothes that people wore back then. All sorts of stuff like that. A lot more armor, more helmets, more swords/bows/spears/maces/flails/etc in there.
Nicely put, things like this would further expand the variety of styles in which people could play making this game much more interesting and better.
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

Exactly.
mon
Peon
Peon

Re: Clothes wish thread

Post by mon »

To complete the pirate clothes. A stuffed parrot head gear would be an easier option than a pet that tags along. It could be like floating on the side of the character's head to give the illusion of sitting on the shoulders. And make ninja/assasin clothes. Then tank tops, tube tops, grass skirts, leather skirts for females. A military officer cap. Like the one used by Street Fighter's M.Bison. A monocle. A top that has a cape. a turban. a feathered hat. musketeer uniform. 1800s Spanish armor.

And more ideas for clothes: paper hat, fur coats with hats that have ear flaps, fishnet shirt, Samurai clothing, Mongol clothing,
Some wacky very rare clothes suggestions. A foam finger hat, ridiculously big cowboy hat, sports jersey (primary color + white), sweatshirt and pants, Cobra Commander cloth mask or a paper bag with 2 cut outs for eyes,

I noticed that the emphasis on the current clothing is in the head gears. There are more types of head gears than other clothes. This is probably be due to the characters' big heads that it is the only one noticeable. So I guess tie-dyed shirts are not an option.
a.k.a. - Achel
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

mon wrote:I noticed that the emphasis on the current clothing is in the head gears. There are more types of head gears than other clothes. This is probably be due to the characters' big heads that it is the only one noticeable.
Actually it's because hats only take 5 frames (north, west, south, east and death) while other clothing has a lot more frames, must be animated to look good etc. Drawing other clothes is just more work than drawing a hat.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

EJlol wrote:
mon wrote:I noticed that the emphasis on the current clothing is in the head gears. There are more types of head gears than other clothes. This is probably be due to the characters' big heads that it is the only one noticeable.
Actually it's because hats only take 5 frames (north, west, south, east and death) while other clothing has a lot more frames, must be animated to look good etc. Drawing other clothes is just more work than drawing a hat.
To give any idea for how long it takes me to do stuff
nice looking hat from start to finish is about 2-5 days
everything else can take a month or more for shirts and pants- it took 2 months for the chaps because I redid the female chaps from scratch
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
suckyplayer
Peon
Peon

Post by suckyplayer »

it might be alot of work, but could we get some samurai-looking stuff, like helmets/armor/possibly swords?
also, throwing stars or throwing knives i think would be a neat addition.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

I think there should be a much more diverse range of clothes. Maybe for melee type characters ninja/samurai type clothing would work, however, for spell casters, that outfit would not be very appropriate. In my mind, it would be ideal to have a set of clothing kind of geared for each type of class. I'm still not entirely clear on how the game plans on being made, but I imagine it will have generally four types of classes: Healing (pretty self explanatory), Low armor/high damage (a melee character that does a lot of damage in a short time), high armor/low damage (a melee character that can take a lot of damage, but does not do damage very quickly), and a Offensive caster (possible like a mage that hurls bolts of ice or fireballs).

In this break down, I see Healing type classes wearing some clothy type clothes that, artistically, have a lighter hue and focus on "life" type themes. The low armor/high damage class would have leather type apparel which allows for free movement but does cover them a little more than cloth and would artistically focus on sneaky/incognito type themes (spy/rouge). The high armor/low damage class would have mail type armor, similar to medieval type armor and would focus on dragon/beast slaying themes. The offensive caster outfit would again be cloth, but would have an emphasis on some element such as fire/ice/etc, that would kind of define emphasis what type of magical bonus it might supply.

That covers the visual armor, but I also think there should be some none visual armor, such as earings, rings, bracelets, hairbands, tattoos, underwear, contact lenses, etc. that give you statistical upgrades as well. These would only require an inventory icon and would be an easy way to buff up the equipment database.
mon
Peon
Peon

Post by mon »

Any ideas on how to make one piece clothing like robes? There should be a link here to the templates for would be designers. :D
a.k.a. - Achel
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Creating robes creates an interesting scenario. Robes are usually considered chest pieces (by most games that I have played), however, they cover from shoulders to the ankles. This ends up covering up any leggings which may or may not be equipped. Examples of how I have seen this be executed can be seen at the following links (be sure to check out the 3D model button):

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=57
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=17775
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=16607

Hopefully this gives an idea of how to execute things such as robes and gives realization to the fact that not EVERY piece of equipment has to be seen at all times, which I yet to see in this project, likely because it will require the new server.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

I had an idea kicking around in my head for some necromancy type armor made from the bones of a monster idea I have. Its skull will become a helm, and its back bone plates would be used to make a chest armor.
If you want a early look at how the monster might look
<-------------------
you've been staring at him for months as my avatar.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
mon
Peon
Peon

Post by mon »

I finally tried making some clothes. And it is really time consuming. This made me give renewed respect to the pixel artists.

So I'm trying this idea of having robes. The only problem is that I don't know how the game draws the layers. It might have some conflict with the pants. I'm not even sure this would work. It took me around 30 mins. per animation to make and I used the color of the underpants with gold/yellow trim on the v-neck and the wrists. I'm also trying to familiarize myself with Gimp and I'm still figuring out the software, like trying to save a layer, etc.
Attachments
Robe_1.png
Robe_1.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
a.k.a. - Achel