A tentacle?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Shaggy
Novice
Novice

A tentacle?

Post by Shaggy »

I was thinking:

How about a narrow path between a cliff and a calm pond. Unsuspecting anything you move towards this path to see what's around the corner.

When you are part way along the path, the waters start to stir, and out pops a tentacle. It tries to grab hold of you, but you manage to dodge it. It tries again and this time it hooks your legs.

Struggling with all your might to get free, you see the head of an octopus arising out of the waters with a hugh grin on it's face. You keep fighting, but to no avail. It manages to get the better of you and drags you into the pond.

Would something like that be achieveable? I can see we have some very talented artists working for TMW.
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
Booty
Novice
Novice

Re: A tentacle?

Post by Booty »

I'm not a developer but this seems to be a lot more than just are work to do. It would require monster player interaction that I haven't seen in TMW. It would also require "unwilled" player movement to occur which I also haven't seen yet.

Though if this is doable and people want to do it another possible "monster" that would benefit from this type of interaction would be tornadoes in the desert storm area. They could pick a player up do damage and set them down (or kill them in mid air).

Also giant bats or birds could have a similar affect on players, and a man-eating plant would be like the lake monster.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Re: A tentacle?

Post by Saphy »

Shaggy wrote:I was thinking:

How about a narrow path between a cliff and a calm pond. Unsuspecting anything you move towards this path to see what's around the corner.

When you are part way along the path, the waters start to stir, and out pops a tentacle. It tries to grab hold of you, but you manage to dodge it. It tries again and this time it hooks your legs.

Struggling with all your might to get free, you see the head of an octopus arising out of the waters with a hugh grin on it's face. You keep fighting, but to no avail. It manages to get the better of you and drags you into the pond.

Would something like that be achieveable? I can see we have some very talented artists working for TMW.
A story telling of an inn that sell octopus as food? Sure, why not?