Impact@ Sirus-Online.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Impact@ Sirus-Online.

Post by Slave »

Ive decided to further my career in pixel art and i wanted to look at TMW for real inspiration.

so here i are, you can see some of my work (although it looks crappy as hell uploaded here) at deviant art.

things ive doen so far

-Rat NPC
-Savior's Plate armor
-Savior's Plate Grieves
-Savior's Helm
-Elder Robes (ripped from EO at the request of Synergy and made orthometric)
-Mane, Hairstyle
-Revision of male sprite base for a more masculine looking face.
-Crab NPC (still in progress)

i dont have everything here listed because im still working out bugs with a few things (I.E.) saviors plate was glitched somehow because the pure white chest pieces were transparent, making the skin show through.

Crush knows who i am, i am Impact from Sirus, looking for an alternative, maybe the TMW family.

heres my devientart for sirus.
http://www.SOImpact.deviantart.com
Last edited by Slave on 01 Jun 2008, 21:34, edited 2 times in total.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Impact@ Sirus-Online.

Post by Saphy »

Welcome abroad. It is nice to see more fellow pixel artists helping out open source projects. ^_^

I have looked at your robe, it is quite interesting.

However, around the neck, there are a few strand pixels that has gotten onto the chin of the character. There are also few strand pixel around the arms and hands, which will become apparent when you change the hue of the layer. Moreover, in the attack frame, the robe somehow covered the hand as well. :shock:

Otherwise, great work.
Dawn
Novice
Novice

Post by Dawn »

Slave wrote:
-Rat NPC
Very nice, But how come when I clicked on the link it didn't show any rat... :|
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Well at least something flew back from Sirus Online ;)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You got quite a lot of talent. I already considered backporting your robe and savior armor to TMW but I wanted to make sure that this is OK for you. But now that you are here I assume that this isn't a problem anymore.

Here at TMW we don't put much pressure on people to finish stuff quickly. We understand that everyone got a life outside of the game which is more important. But on the other hand our quality standards are a bit higher. When you do something for TMW you are expected to post frequent updates and you will receive a lot of critique from people trying to push you in the right direction. You can not appease everyone and thus you have to decide for yourself which critique is valid and which isn't.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

i saw that when reading through some of the other posted graphics, and im happy to say it makes me very happy i will welcome all good critique because i am no professional and i am new to this pixel art experience, im hoping the almost competitive joint work will help to push any talent i may have a little higher.

----as for the rat NPC, that deviantpage doesnt have everything on it yet, not even the Savior Plate

---- and for critique about the robe, thank you, i left the pixels of the chin to make kind of a collar but that was stupid, that robe is also my first finished work so it does have alot of kinks, and as for the covering the hand in the attacking pose, i could shorten it but try to remember its a silky robe,, it flows, its loose, theres alot of extra fabric and when moving it kind of swims around your body, motions like punching or thrusing your fist worward would pull some of it with you.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote: ---- and for critique about the robe, thank you, i left the pixels of the chin to make kind of a collar but that was stupid, that robe is also my first finished work so it does have alot of kinks, and as for the covering the hand in the attacking pose, i could shorten it but try to remember its a silky robe,, it flows, its loose, theres alot of extra fabric and when moving it kind of swims around your body, motions like punching or thrusing your fist worward would pull some of it with you.
I understand that it is a fabric, but no matter how you move, the fabric wouldn't suddenly enclose the wearer's fist entirely as if it is a pair of golves.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

this robe has been in sirus for some time now, ive never seen this affect happen, and i can assure you when i drew that particular image it didnt look anything like yours. clever little icon btw

EDIT: LOL!! ehem, sorry, i just realized that you are mistaken and it made me laugh, because i was frantcally searching for the flaw i thought i had messed up. let me explain, that is not the arm, that is the elbow in that particular scene the character is reaching behind to grasp an arrow for a bow, that is his arm extended back so its not a glove, youve been looking at his elbow lol. simple mistake ^_^
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Saphy wrote:I understand that it is a fabric, but no matter how you move, the fabric wouldn't suddenly enclose the wearer's fist entirely as if it is a pair of golves.
That's not the characters' fist. This is the frame where the player get a new arrow from his quiver; his hand is behind his head. It's his elbow you pointed out.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

right, just like i explained in my edit. thank you for the confirmation Modanung
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Nice to see another pixel artist for the game! Welcome and enjoy your stay! =)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

ty koop <3

@sephy where did you even get a copy of that sprite sheet?
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote:ty koop <3

@sephy where did you even get a copy of that sprite sheet?
From your gallery...

Or do you meant the player sprite?
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

i set that devient art up so no one could download anything. i dont understand.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Slave wrote:i set that devient art up so no one could download anything. i dont understand.
As long as the image can be viewed, it is downloadable (viewing it requires downloading it).