Char Name Rules for TMW?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Char Name Rules for TMW?

Post by Superkoop »

Habari wrote:i personally would ban the following:
-names longer then 13 letters
I disagree with this because I think players should be allowed to add last names to their characters, and that can often add up to more than 13 letters.
Habari wrote: - names that can be confused with anothers players name (the first one keeps it)
I also disagree with this because a lot of names can be similar to other peoples names. And, my name happens to be similar to other peoples names (Naru to name one), I never meant to copy her, (and I didn't even know about her until later when I played). This is one thing that I didn't like about Planeshift, I couldn't use the same first name as another player even though I still come with a last name meaning I still have a distinguishing mark to differ me from another player. Like in real life, tons of people have my name of John, and yet people never confuse me for someone else.
The main reason I don't think you should regulate names much is because players may already have a roleplaying concept in mind, and when you take away there name, it can pretty much ruin the game for them. (it's why I don't play Planeshift, well that and the memory leak)
The rest of your restrictions sound mostly reasonable, aside from the one about numbers, I have mixed feelings on that one.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaggy »

Why the bickering? I find reading this thread difficult - why can't we just get on with each other and enjoy ourselves?

P.S. If I was in control, I'd probably delete this thread and temporarily suspend the main protagonators.
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Shaggy wrote:Why the bickering? I find reading this thread difficult - why can't we just get on with each other and enjoy ourselves?

P.S. If I was in control, I'd probably delete this thread and temporarily suspend the main protagonators.
I think this discussion is very productive so far and I see no inappropriate behavior from anyone. Thus I see no reason to intervent.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.