Savior's Plate and more.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Savior's Plate and more.

Post by Slave »

these are some of my current works

-Crab NPC a watery creature that snaps if attacked
-Legendary Boxers: who doenst love big white heart-patterned boxers? id never leave home without em.
Attachments
LEGENDARY BOXERS!! = UBER
LEGENDARY BOXERS!! = UBER
LBpreview.png (535 Bytes) Viewed 4233 times
Rat NPC
Rat NPC
Rat2.png (6.65 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
Crab NPC made from scorpion base
Crab NPC made from scorpion base
Crab Preview.png (1.51 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
Last edited by Slave on 31 May 2008, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Some Current Projects

Post by Crush »

The rat monster is suffering from multiple issues. First the perspective is off. The up and down movement is shown from straight up while the side movements are shown from exactly sideways. All animation phases should be shown from a 45° angle. Then you are only using exactly straight or exactly diagonal lines which is a big no-no for any organic object or creature. Try to build creatures with curves only.

But the crab monster got potential. It is from the correct perspective and is also suffering from a few too straight lines but much less than the rat.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Re: Some Current Projects

Post by Slave »

thanks, i think the rat is junk as well, but if it can be salvaged for parts then cool

Also:
Savior's Plate and i uses Saphy's Golden Plate icon to make an SP version :P since it was so awesome.
Attachments
SPicon1.png
SPicon1.png (2.06 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
Savior's Plate.png
Savior's Plate.png (111.42 KiB) Viewed 4204 times
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Savior's Plate and more.

Post by Crush »

It is already a really great piece of work. The only thing which bothers me a bit is that the cape swings a bit too much during the walk animation.

And we also need a female version of it before we can release it.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

so i should tune the cape down a bit. and a female version. will take a while but i think i can manage it. ;]

Angellus and Demonica is a concept i came up with.
a backpack item, Angellus turns anyone instantly into an angel with wings and a halo, as well as a pale blue contact.
Likewise, Demonica bursts demon horns and wings from your body, and turns your eyes a soft shade of red.

For Angellus i was having a tough time deciding whether the wings look better shorter or longer. so i have a basic wire fram of the long and an unshades version oif teh shorter.
Attachments
Demonicapreview.png
Demonicapreview.png (3.86 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
Angellus.png
Angellus.png (62.86 KiB) Viewed 4181 times
zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

i think there is going to be some trouble whet the halo, the eyes and the helm that the player is using.

we can do to think to fix that
1. make the halo and the eyes to be a helm
2. to make the helm automatically jumb off when you are using the wings, but that will need a some coding

i most say that i think making the halo a helm is the most easy of the to.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

well i could split them, Halo/eyes hat and Wings backpack

respectivly horns/ eyes hat and batwings backpack set. i kinda like that idea, but what i was going for by combining them was more clothing options. with this setup you could also wear your favorite hat and have a halo over it as well.
but i like your idea as well

who like which better?
Attachments
Savior's Helm.png
Savior's Helm.png (5.77 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
SaviorGrieves.png
SaviorGrieves.png (46.7 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

The cloak is just too red. Imagine a town full of people wearing that, it would be too flashy. Maybe make it black, gray, or some other colour? Well, the colour can be changed programmically in tmw, but the saturation would still be too high. It is also a little too long to be practical in a fight, other than trying to play king. When I look at it, I always thought about how painful it is when tripped over it, when the player or someone else stepped on it.

I think it would be nice to create a separate thread for each major work. It can get difficult to tell which work a reply is commenting on.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

the plate is flashy yes, but its not the sort of thing a whole town full of people should be able to get, and you can log into www.sirus-online.com and download that version quickly its ingame already you can see the plate in game.

if you take away the red or the length of the cape you ruin the whole heroic feel to the plate, imagine a superhero or something, he likes to be flashy.

i personally hate short capes, besides this cape only drops to about the ankles.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We can use dynamic recoloring to change the color of the cape. This would even allow versions of the armor with different cape colors.
  • NOT a game master

Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

that is a good idea, but i dont want to ditch red, it should be one of the colors. =]
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote:that is a good idea, but i dont want to ditch red, it should be one of the colors. =]
Well, it is just my opinion. I really hate superhero, they are all egoistic male who is always "right" just because they have might.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

well thats nice but bias like that wont help my work. id say most people probubly dont share your opinion.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote:well thats nice but bias like that wont help my work. id say most people probubly dont share your opinion.
Don't feed the troll. :P
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

lol bad troll bad