Wave, Hairstyle

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Wave, Hairstyle

Post by Slave »

another new male hairstyle idea by me, wavy, curly unruly hair.
picked grey this time cuz i figured its an easy color to recolor maybe? i dunno.

EDIT: i redrew the sprite sheet for it in real grey, making it useable for re-coloration.
Attachments
wavenew.png
wavenew.png (5.26 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
Wave1.png
Wave1.png (8.16 KiB) Viewed 3598 times
Last edited by Slave on 02 Jun 2008, 00:35, edited 2 times in total.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Wave, Hairstyle

Post by Superkoop »

These hair styles are pretty sweet you have made so far!

And AFAIK, for a item to be recolored, it just needs to have 100% saturation. I don't think the color matters.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Superkoop wrote:These hair styles are pretty sweet you have made so far!

And AFAIK, for a item to be recolored, it just needs to have 100% saturation. I don't think the color matters.
Not quite. In terms of RGB, each component must either be 0 or the same as the other non-0 values. Ex: 230R, 0G, 0B is recolorable while 230R, 1G, 0B isn't.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

lol i have no clue what any of that means xD
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Image_dyeing

A color is recolorable when it is "pure" gray, red, green, blue, magenta, yellow or cyan.

When you use the HSV color model: The saturation has to be 100% and the hue has to be divisible by 60. The volume determines the color chosen from the palette specified for the color channel.

When you use the RGB color model: The values of the red, green and blue color components have to be identical or 0. The value of the components which are not 0 decides which color from the palette specified for the color channel is used.

Each color can be recolored separately. This means that you can have, for example, a shirt which has pure-green sleaves and a pure-red chest in the image file and then make the engine dye the green parts yellow and the red parts pink when it loads the graphic.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

you just blew my mind out of my skull. all i want to knwo is if my work is recolorable =[
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

I think it's meant like this:

Where each color is purely that color alone, and all the other colors are 0. The same could be done for each of the other colors.
Last edited by Superkoop on 01 Jun 2008, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

well Elder robes was pink and it was successfully recolored and its not one of the pure colors listed.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Re-reading Crushes post, I think I understand now. One of the RGB's has to be 100%, and the saturation needs to be 100%. But, the Hue can be any number divisible by 60, and the Volume can be any number you want. Which would in effectively give you many colors available.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Superkoop wrote:Re-reading Crushes post, I think I understand now. One of the RGB's has to be 100%, and the saturation needs to be 100%. But, the Hue can be any number divisible by 60, and the Volume can be any number you want. Which would in effectively give you many colors available.
For RGB,
* R=G=B (gray)
* R>0 G=B=0 (red)
* R=G>0 B=0 (yellow)
* R=B=0 G>0 (green)
* R=0 G=B>0 (cyan/aqua)
* R=G=0 B>0 (blue)
* R=B>0 G=0 (magenta)
can be recolored.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Slave wrote:well Elder robes was pink and it was successfully recolored and its not one of the pure colors listed.
Most likely because someone ran it throug a convert-to-greyscale filter - the easiest way to make something recolorable but also the most brute method because it doesn't leave out anything.
Superkoop wrote:Re-reading Crushes post, I think I understand now. One of the RGB's has to be 100%, and the saturation needs to be 100%. But, the Hue can be any number divisible by 60, and the Volume can be any number you want. Which would in effectively give you many colors available.
No, none of the RGB values _has_ to be 100%. Just all RGB values have to be either 0% or the same value. The value of the RGB channels that are used determines the color used from the specified palette.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

well since the robe is pink, what would you ahve me do to make it recolorable crush?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Just convert it to greyscale, maybe leaving out parts which are not supposed to be recolored (I could, for example, imagine that you don't want the belt to be dyed).

How to do this depends on your graphic program but with GIMP you just have to select everything you want to recolor (or nothing to recolor everything on the current layer) and select colors->desaturate from the menu bar.

When you want the selection to be another recolorable color than grey you can do this by selecting colors->colorize. Set the saturation to the maximum and the hue to something divisible by 60. To make sure that every single color is at 100% saturation use colors->color/saturation to turn up the saturation again a few times.

(Note: I translated all terms from the German interface. Some things might be named slightly different)

But note that you don't have to work with recolorisation in mind when you feel uncomfortable working only with 100% or 0% saturated colors. You can leave this step to the people who do the content implementation. The only thing you have to watch out for is that you don't do any anti aliasing between areas which are supposed to be recolored with different channels or between recolored and non-recolored areas.
  • NOT a game master

Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

i use photoshop elements three ive never even seen the gimp interface but i wills ee if there are any similar steps, BTW i drained the color from my two new hairstyles, checkit out, and i also posted a new chainsword concept. you always have good opinions and suggestions id like if you took a look ;]
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Crush wrote:No, none of the RGB values _has_ to be 100%. Just all RGB values have to be either 0% or the same value. The value of the RGB channels that are used determines the color used from the specified palette.
Okay, now I think I finally get it.
RGB values must equal the same or 0%.
Saturation must be 100%.
Hue must be divisible by 60.
And Volume can be whatever you want.

Took me a while, :oops: but I got it now. I think.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-