Impact@ Sirus-Online.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Re: Impact@ Sirus-Online.

Post by Slave »

meh if it doesnt work it doesnt work. thats a little unfortunate though =/ wanst what i hoped for.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Slave wrote:meh if it doesnt work it doesnt work. thats a little unfortunate though =/ wanst what i hoped for.
One thing that you can do is upload a thumbnail instead of the original. Or a sampling of the file.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

thanks
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Yeah, and I didn't even "download" it. I just linked it.

You can save it in JPG if are you afraid of other people "stealing it", no one will use JPG for a spirit unless they don't care for quality. And for preview purpose, a thumbnail wouldn't really cut it, but just having the robe without the player spirit kind of defeat the purpose of previewing, no?

On the other hand, you should be glad when someone linked to your sprite because it means you have the talent. I personally don't mind when sirius-online used many of my sprites; they don't credit people either, but I don't draw to get credit. I draw for the sake of drawing; which is why my note book is full of drawing (not drawing of human, mind you, I am not a pervert :p) for no reason. Well, you are not me, but if you want your arts to be used in TMW, it must be open (creative license).
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

yeah and thats fin, ive been uploading the art on there stright to TMW alredy but i didnt want anothr TMW leaf taking it, necesarily.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Well all the art for it to be used in game must be under a very open license, compatible with the GPL. Meaning it's allowed, and indeed encouraged perhaps, that other open source games are able to use the graphics/code/maps/etc for their use, and to learn from it.

So you the artist should be happy when other groups use the art you made, it would indeed be one of the nicest compliments you could get. So be happy when other people use your art! =)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

heh, i guess your right. that is pretty cool.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Slave wrote: i didnt want anothr TMW leaf taking it, necesarily.
Everything for TMW is licensed under the GNU General Public License. This means that everyone may use all TMW stuff for a project which is also using the GPL. Copyleft is the philosophy of this project.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

right right i get it, thats fine.
i need critiques and responces in my other areas.
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

I'm not to sure about how your sprites are lit, they seem like they are uniformly lit rather than being lit from the south west.
If that makes sense? (or is just me)
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

the shadows are really minute. its more apparent on other things and i will try to beef up the perspective in other things to come.
jackelss4u
Peon
Peon

Post by jackelss4u »

hey, ias sirus-online notworking forall of u to?? :?: :?:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Unfortunately Sirus Online died a while ago.

The main reason Sirus Online was created in the first place was frustration with Endless Online. Hate is a strong motivator but unfortunately not a persistent one. When Axaliex (their main programmer) quit, Impact (their best graphic artist) switched to us and their already small player base noticed that the original TMW is basically the same game just with ten times as many people playing and developing the project was practically dead.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

Sirus woulda been better if it had more people and they were more advanced than TMW
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

This topic is not about developing graphics anymore, it would seem.
This message used to be meaningful.