Chainsword Concept

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Chainsword Concept

Post by Slave »

a mid-range weapon, a sectioned sword with a cable inbetween each section, it extends when swung. a whip like weapon that shreds through like a chainsaw on the backswing similar to that of Ivy from Soulcaliber. ive never seen anything like it in anyother MMO and the idea has been around for a long time, so its not just a soul caliber thing. anyway i thought it would be a cool midrange weapon )weapon range of 2 or 3) and bows, long range having a rande of (5-6) maybe.

here i have the basic concept sketch (very rough) and a preview of what could be, the smaller one is the sword when it is locked, the longer one is extended showing the dark cable sectioning.
these images are in no way my plans for how many sections the sword animation would actually have, simply previews.
Attachments
Chainsword icon opened.png
Chainsword icon opened.png (806 Bytes) Viewed 2288 times
Chainsword icon closed.png
Chainsword icon closed.png (691 Bytes) Viewed 2287 times
Chainsword concept.png
Chainsword concept.png (4.68 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Chainsword Concept

Post by Crush »

Interesting idea.

But the question is: Is it supposed to use the sword skill or the whip skill on the new server?

Good work adapting the style of the other weapon icons, by the way.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

definantly the whipe style. it may be a sword when colapsed but the attack animation (if this idea is accepted) will be that of a whip, the sword never functions colasped until we have the part of the server where our weapons are visible 100% of the time. only then will you see the colapsed version, until you hit something and then it expands instantly into teh whip animation.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Slave wrote:until we have the part of the server where our weapons are visible 100% of the time.
It is already possible to show weapons when the character is not attacking. The only reason they are not shown is that there aren't any graphics for it.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

ah didnt know that was fixe, it wanst yet put in for sirus and they were trying to keep as uptodate on your stuff as possible hahaha.
well, i suppose i could animate it in, how many sprites do i have to do? all of the walking in all directions and all but the bow att sequence yes?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Walkings, standing, sitting and dead.
  • NOT a game master

Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

looks like we are going to have a new sit position soon should i hold off on making it?
and whata bout the special attack sprites, it says whips can be swung around head ina circular motion for a special.
Kizaruke
Peon
Peon

Post by Kizaruke »

I like the idea. It's a cool concept.