Wave, Hairstyle

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Re: Wave, Hairstyle

Post by Slave »

updates both hairsyles, both have been runt hru greyscale and are ready, im going to make some female hair now.new hair is badly needed i hate all current hairstyle except for male ponytail and long female sleek hair.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Superkoop wrote:Okay, now I think I finally get it.
RGB values must equal the same or 0%.
Saturation must be 100%.
Hue must be divisible by 60.
And Volume can be whatever you want.

Took me a while, :oops: but I got it now. I think.
Yes, seems like you understood it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Crush wrote:
Superkoop wrote:Okay, now I think I finally get it.
RGB values must equal the same or 0%.
Saturation must be 100%.
Hue must be divisible by 60.
And Volume can be whatever you want.

Took me a while, :oops: but I got it now. I think.
Yes, seems like you understood it.
For me I never understood any of that mumo-jumbo. I just found out were in the xml file the recoloring was specified and played with some custom data I had and just played with it for a day until I was comfortable with what I needed to do to get stuff to recolor properly. But each his own way I say. :P
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

i still dont understand it :P all i know, greyscale good, non-greyscale bad. muahahaaa
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Slave wrote:i still dont understand it :P all i know, greyscale good, non-greyscale bad. muahahaaa

I the problem is not that it has to be gray scale but that the hair right now is not a true gray scale colouring. If I image dye this all the areas that look white right now would continue to look white with little color high lights on the end.

here is the hair from my spy kit I just showed in another thread

AS you see here it is red not gray but is still recolourable because I used a red with no blue,green,white, or black mixed in as the base colour.

this is what the hair looks like when I converted it to gray scale. See all the darker areas for the shadow and the brightest spot is the neutral gray which is the base colour of the hair. You can also add white high lights to this foe were the sun bleaches colour out of things like the shinny glare on metal and plastic. I hope this helps you understand how the recolouring works with out all the technical jargon attached to it. If you would like more expiation from me just PM me here and I can setup a Time on IRC or in game and we can chat about it. :)
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

i getcha,....i think... but its not a big issue for me.
Kizaruke
Peon
Peon

Post by Kizaruke »

I like it. Great job... uhhh... Slave... uhh... Impact... uhhh... Legend... uhhh. What do I call you.
Smurf
Peon
Peon

Post by Smurf »

Kizaruke wrote:I like it. Great job... uhhh... Slave... uhh... Impact... uhhh... Legend... uhhh. What do I call you.
Heh, I would assume he wants to be called Slave since it is his name here.

The hairstyle's looking good, keep up the good work Slimpegend (oo I like that).
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

weirdos lol i told you both you can call me Seth. idc