Throwing Weapons

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Throwing Weapons

Post by Slave »

ive been scrolling through our wiccy alot latly at school and noticed all of the differet attack types of weapons, and i also noticed that i didnt see any throwing weapons although we do have spears, axes, ect. so i made some basic lvl throwing weapons

what better than Basic Shruiken and a set of Kunai?

i have many plans for many different weapons, including Fist weapons such as special Guantlets that add alot of damage to attackwith your fists.
Attachments
Kunai.png
Kunai.png (893 Bytes) Viewed 2041 times
Basic Shuriken.png
Basic Shuriken.png (559 Bytes) Viewed 2041 times
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Throwing Weapons

Post by EJlol »

I suggest to improve your artwork first, before you start a new piece of artwork. That way you can more concentrate on a piece of artwork until it's perfect, otherwise you will end up with pieces that aren't finished (or dont meet the quality level). Also there arent any player sprites yet that throws a weapon.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

meh, its just something for later, dont think that because i have this out im not working on what i have. i dont know if youve ever tried before but, 72 sprites to make a set fo clothes is extreamly boring, during these periods of improvement or creation on past work i take a break and think about what else the game needs. little things like this is a refresher for me as well as something useful for the game (i believe) but than you for conceraning yourself with the quality of the game. i do try 110% for my work.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well, we should all be quite well aware of the immense workload our 2D decision imposes on the artists.

Can you even imagine the workload to do something to an equipment sprite, once we have the full playerset ready? It's a long battle, but we are prepared to get there.

I just wish all you artists would embrace the usage of mantis for task tracking. It would help with all the unfinished projects: people could pick up if there would have not been activity on something lately.

(For the utterly clueless: http://mantis.themanaworld.org/ )

Len, do something about them. :evil:
This message used to be meaningful.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

i dont quite understand what mantis is rly, it looks like some sort of list. but doesnt look userfriendly.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well, it is a developer tool. User friendliness... :roll:

Strictly speaking, someone of the tech devs should write a tutorial/guideline on how to use the mantis on our project. Anyone up to it?
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Mantis is a bug- and task tracking system. Everyone can enter something which has to be done (like a bug which has to be fixed or a feature which has to be implemented) and developers can assign these tasks to themself or other developers.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

doenst sound like the place for me yet. cant get the designs i have right yet.