Tank top

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Tank top

Post by Crush »

Fitting the hot summer time I started to develope a tank top based on the cotton shirt:

I think I will have it finished in a few days.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Tank top

Post by GonzoDark »

looks great so far, look forward to the final version. (and hurry! I'm burning :o )

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Female version finished:

The male version will be slightly more complicated because I can't orient myself at the bra straps like I did for the female version but I will manage.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Male version:
  • NOT a game master

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

With dyeing applied:
  • NOT a game master

Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

crush these are excellent my friend =]
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

Nice! :D

It seems to me that the male tank top looks peculiar in one place though: look at the males in the dyed image, there’s a vertical line in the lower left corner of the tank top (lower left to us whom eyes the screen, not the sprite itself).

I only see it in that particular image (the top left image in the sprite sheet).
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Ces wrote:Nice! :D

It seems to me that the male tank top looks peculiar in one place though: look at the males in the dyed image, there’s a vertical line in the lower left corner of the tank top (lower left to us whom eyes the screen, not the sprite itself).

I only see it in that particular image (the top left image in the sprite sheet).
I think that's supposed to be their belly popping out :)
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

Why is the female version too short? Please make it cover the belly. :)

Edit: Or if you really want it to be too small, at least make the male version too short as well.
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaggy »

Vink wrote:Why is the female version too short? Please make it cover the belly. :)
I agree... I am fed up of seeing semi-naked women in TMW.
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Vink wrote:Why is the female version too short? Please make it cover the belly. :)

Edit: Or if you really want it to be too small, at least make the male version too short as well.
If the guys are showing belly too then the tank tops for the guys tank top should be made from a mesh type material like what guy were wearing back in the 80's.

OOOOhhhhh!! sexy! :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Shaggy wrote:
I agree... I am fed up of seeing semi-naked women in TMW.
I concur.
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

I agree with Vink.
I am tired with our stomach always showing. :(
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Hi,

apologies for a `me-too' style message, but the female version-- while artistically very good-- has the same problem that the female version of the leather shirt has: it tries to make its wearer look `mainstream-shallow-sexy' (or `Britney Spears sexy' as a friend of mine put it) with no concern for practicality. I therefore agree with Vink, Saphy and Dimond. And if anyone wants to revise the female leather shirt a little, they have my full moral support, too :-)

-- fate
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

I do not want to start a flame war or anything, and I TOTALLY understand where people are coming from on this issue, however, there is a very similar talk going on about swords in another thread.

Practicality is not priority #1. The more cool/glamorous/fantasy something looks, the better it is in fantasy games (which is the category TMW is in as far as I can tell). I certainly do not mind a full tank top being created that covers the mid drift, but I also think that the tank top showing the stomach looks good and is more appealing (as far as fantasy role playing games go) than a full tank top would.

Feel free to disagree with me. Like I said, I am not trying to offend anyone, but I think that this tank top should be used in TMW because "looks awesome=is awesome" when it comes to fantasy games.