New SP Design

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Slave
Novice
Novice

New SP Design

Post by Slave »

the original had some bugs, which is to be expected because it was my 1st attampt at armor all together, and the cape being so long looked awesome, but glitched skirts and may have glitched pants in the future bigger than the normal size. if i understand correctly we have a backpack slot for items like wings and capes so i will make several different cape types and many different things can be worn with the SP.

to remedy these bugs im completely remaking the armor.

-removed cape
-fixed shoulderpad bug
-added overlay armor plate to waistline.

what do we think? yes, no, maybe so?
Attachments
Savior'sremake.png
Savior'sremake.png (3.29 KiB) Viewed 2940 times
Saviorrevise.png
Saviorrevise.png (5.56 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Smurf
Peon
Peon

Re: New SP Design

Post by Smurf »

I like it..but it seems that maybe it is too bright in the back compared to the front. :?
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

i know i used a different shade, the new one (the back) is brighter and i will be remaking the front with it. for now lets focus on the concept and not the color it will all be redone.

ALSO: i redid the pants, trying to keep with the SP color scheme more
(the black on the arms is a dark chainmale undershirt fro mobility, and the black on the new pants si where the hips would have to move. the knees in the back of the new pants also support this feature.
Attachments
NewSPpantspreview.png
NewSPpantspreview.png (1.44 KiB) Viewed 2916 times
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'd do some level of detail revisions. Both ways actually.

Scaling of the details and which to emphasize is a tricky and delicate balance.
This message used to be meaningful.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

on the pants or chestpiece?
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Both.

At least now the pants seem to be portraying so much strong details, that their basic shape is almost lost.

In the armor the back view is a bit confusing and in the front view the arms take a bit too great of a dominance.

Also the palettes used here are rather narrow. (Never believed I could say that on this project.)

You are free to disagree with me and people are free to discuss this.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

i feel like im losing my idea alltogether. it kinda sucks.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Please don't. I think your armor has great potential. There might be some small flaws here and there but they can be corrected.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

right, so i removed the shadowing so we can work on the basic structure of the plate and tuned down the design on the back. lets start from here what needs changed, what should go?

theres a version with the waistplate removed as well
Attachments
Savior'sremake2.png
Savior'sremake2.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 2779 times
Savior'sremake.png
Savior'sremake.png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yes, I too like the generic structure more than the average stuff we have around here. Hence I'm trying to push you a bit.

At this point the contrast of the arms still gets me. It's better without the waistplate. (Which appears to have a broken boundary on the left in the front view. Also the sideview kind of hints that the character would have a rather large ass.) I think this is solved with a subtly lighter base color used. Dark colors are dominant and absorb details.

I really like how the shoulderpads look in the back view, but the lines of them seem a bit too straight in the front view. It makes them look like add-on flappers and not integrated and essential, as in the back view.

The front chest/stomach plate work is beautiful, but the backside is still a bit confusing for me. Perhaps even going as far as removing the middle horizontal detail from the back to make it simpler?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think the contrasts the black arms are doning would work better when there were some details in the rest of the armor with the same color.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

points noted i revised it more.

-black influence problem- added black etching into the ivory steel plates
-crowded back problem- removed lower line to now you se seperation of shoulder blade plates as well as black etching

-front shoulderpad problem- added etching made it look really good and i changed the color of the gem on the buckle.

i think the shoulderpad looked off to you because it is covered by a big gem encrusted buckle that used to hold the cape on, and is there to hold capes on in the future, the ruby looks much more attractive and easier to notice than the sapphire i had previously yes?

$$also remember to refresh your eyes on the cold trim color by scrolling to my frist post and looking at the perviously shaded image of the backdesign because it has the most updated gold color scheme$$

i also quickly created a new saviors helm model
Attachments
savior's helm2.png
savior's helm2.png (4.19 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
Savior'sremake.png
Savior'sremake.png (1.22 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

Hehe is from sirus online :)

But the helmet , i like it.
:D
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I really like the helmet. It's a bit busy around the eyes on the front view but otherwise very well done.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

of course its froms irus online, im the artist froms irus. i moved over here strump.