Robes

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Slave
Novice
Novice

Re: Robes

Post by Slave »

well i dont use gimp, and ive never used any sort of tool like that, but i guess i can give it a shot on my photoshop.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Rotonen wrote:
Crush wrote:When you fail I could also do the rest for you.
A bit offtopic, but have you grown stressed and stretched lately? :)

Not too long ago you would have used "if" instead of "when".
So I'm not the only one who thought that sounded a bit...skeptic of Slave? lol

Slave, I'm sure you will be able to do it, since what Crush just explained doesn't look too difficult to do, and you seem like a talented enough person to figure it out.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote:well i dont use gimp, and ive never used any sort of tool like that, but i guess i can give it a shot on my photoshop.
Well, after wasting hundred of dollars to buy a photoshop license, it is a little silly not to use it. :P

I personally would rather buy better hardware (such as a higher resolution tablet), than an overpriced software.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

bought a wacom for $100USD, came with free photoshop and corel painter 2. i don't waste money.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Slave wrote:bought a wacom for $100USD, came with free photoshop and corel painter 2. i don't waste money.
Probably because that $100 includes the software. I brought my wacom (only the hardware, not even the cardboard) for $20USD.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

No private person buys photoshop. You either get it for free from your employer, get it for free with something else you buy or get it for free from pirate bay.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Crush wrote:No private person buys photoshop. You either get it for free from your employer, get it for free with something else you buy or get it for free from pirate bay.
My classmate do. Granted, it has a student discount, but it still costs a fortune. Last time I used it on my co-op work term (version 5 I think), it isn't any better than gimp, probably because it was way outdated?
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

sucks to be them. i bought mine a long time ago before i met the connections and had the sources i do now. right now im trying to get a cintiq from the foreign manufacturing company, cutting out wacom alltogether for like -500% cost
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I really would like to have one of these tablet/screen combinations. But unfortunately their prices are far out of my league, at the moment.

I would be careful with such dubiouse offers. Such large discounts for such new articles are just too good to be true.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Actually what he said, was that they are paying him to accept one. Be careful with your percentages.

So back to topic:

The outline seems a bit too strong and is popping out.

Nice work with the colorable details. The majority of our items should have them. Indeed a nice customization / indication aspect for our playerhood.
This message used to be meaningful.
mon
Peon
Peon

Post by mon »

While adding the belt on the male character and finishing all the touch-ups on shading. I also did the female version of the robe.
Comments are greatly appreciated.

Crush, what you did to the robe was cool. Will there be different colored robes like green with yellow stripe?
Attachments
Robe_female_1.png
Robe_female_1.png (41.35 KiB) Viewed 3185 times
a.k.a. - Achel
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The robe doesn't look tight and thin enough to make the breasts and hips appear that well-defined under it.
  • NOT a game master

Hexico
Peon
Peon

Post by Hexico »

I agree, maybe if it was a little bit.. more loose and the breasts were just one large mass instead of two.. well-defined..

I'll stop myself there before I use any weird adjectives.
mon
Peon
Peon

Post by mon »

Ok. I'm still a little hazy...do you mean less shading making it flatter or more straightness in the fabric drop or both?
And what if I were to add the rope belt I used on the male version? Thanks.
a.k.a. - Achel
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When you post a version in the original size (or at least resized without interpolation) I can maybe help you a bit.
  • NOT a game master