WRITERS FORUM

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Habari
Novice
Novice

WRITERS FORUM

Post by Habari »

at the moment we have a graphic development forum and another one for sound development ,
i think it would be a nice idea to make one for story writers that want to contribute to write TMW background story as it would make it essy to coommunicate creative ideas
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Re: WRITERS FORUM

Post by feline monstrosity »

Yeah, that's be good. I like writing stories and it'd compel people to contribute.
~Feline Monstrosity
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Please use the content development forum for discussing and the wiki for posting background material.

Personally I would also prefer when there would not be a lot of contributions from different people in the community regarding background material. Too many cooks spoil the brooth. Thus I would prefer when only one person or a very small circle of closely collaborating people is responsible for it (And no offence, but when I look at the spelling and grammar of your postings I think that you two should not belong to this circle). But this is only my personal opinion.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

*Ahem* Please quote me on any posts in which I don't use good spelling and grammar. I generally take care to make sure I spell things right and when I don't it's usually because of a typo.

On the other hand I agree with you, come to think of it lots of people trying to contribute to a story does usually ruin it, or at least produce a pretty sub-standard story.
~Feline Monstrosity
Booty
Novice
Novice

Post by Booty »

feline monstrosity wrote:*Ahem* Please quote me on any posts in which I don't use good spelling and grammar. I generally take care to make sure I spell things right and when I don't it's usually because of a typo.

On the other hand I agree with you, come to think of it lots of people trying to contribute to a story does usually ruin it, or at least produce a pretty sub-standard story.
You can try google docs or a wiki to organize the process better. One person writing the whole story can be alot of work and it is good to bounce ideas, some things you think of at first might be less clever than your second or third idea. Also when the general story is done work can be split up for doing the details and parts of the history. There can even be background on quest items.

Plus multiple people working on it means once it is started it is more likely to get finished. You might even want to add editors to check the grammar and flow of the writing.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Yeah, I think the idea of a small circle of closely collaborating people is a better idea. But how incomplete exactly is the background story anyway? And how important will it be to the game itself? Are we going to have a series of plot-related quests or will it be a storyless game?
~Feline Monstrosity
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Booty wrote:You can try google docs or a wiki to organize the process better.
The backstory on the wiki.
Booty
Novice
Novice

Post by Booty »

I'll post my comments for the brief background on the wiki then.

Edit:

I posted some comments but decided to just rewrite the background (I didn't like the wording) My draft and comments are in the discussion to be reviewed and commented on.

But what are the necessary elements to the story line? For example I heard rumors that races may be added, the current story line doesn't account for that.

EDIT Again:

Ignore everything I've said thus far.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

And no offence, but when I look at the spelling and grammar of your postings I think that you two should not belong to this circle). But this is only my personal opinion.
well , forum posts are more similar to cell phone messages than to poetry or novels :D
im always in a hurry when writing these but i DO know how to write English
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Habari wrote:
And no offence, but when I look at the spelling and grammar of your postings I think that you two should not belong to this circle). But this is only my personal opinion.
well , forum posts are more similar to cell phone messages than to poetry or novels :D
im always in a hurry when writing these but i DO know how to write English
In Japan there was entire book published, a novel made of SMS messages :D and it's the bestseller
:)

(little OT i know :) )