Currently open mapping tasks in woodland

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Currently open mapping tasks in woodland

Post by Superkoop »

As far as map 14 goes, I have already modified it (and the river goes over to the west now, not the south) to fit the map west of it, I will post it either later today or tomorrow (whenever I finish the map west of 14, just have collision tiles left). So it would be best if nobody did anything to it; it would save you work. ;)

And as to the development of Argaes, people should maybe refer to the Argaes overview wiki page. http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Argaes The page comes with a full Argaes map, fairly large one at that. So you can also see where priorities lay, based on the importance of cities (Trade City is the single most important city in Argaes, followed by Zartam and Sonbral).
It would also be nice if there were a regular name for Trade City. :P

I'm assuming Hurnscald will still be used in the world, but will just be moved?
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That map is outdated. Please don't use it as a reference.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

The next latest I can find is this one. http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... opment.png

What else has changed on the overview of the rest of the continent?
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Dabe is the authority regarting the Argaes conceptualisation. He should be able to point us to a more up to date overview.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Arkyan
Peon
Peon

Post by Arkyan »

Does the river border the south at all, superkoop? Just wondering how it looks so that I can design the west end of the map to the south appropriately and decide where the river in the south of that map should go, whether into that river or off to the west to join it in the next map.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Arkyan
Peon
Peon

Post by Arkyan »

I've got the map south of 14-1 done. Map 14-1 and the one west of that (31 I think?) need to be updated to get the rebuilt bridge and a slight modification to the path near it, but I'm having isuses with tmxcopy again... But here's the map and an image for people to critique. I don't know what order the map number's are, so I just made mine an arbitrary 99 for the time being.

TMX File:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dimwmpw3p1d

Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

Nice job Arkyan, this must be the map that Jack got the wood from since all the tree stumps, not sure if this will be on the other map or not but shouldn't the bridge be seen on this map. Anyway here are some errors. I

Blue=Faulty Tiles(two cliffs that look odd.)

Yellow=Faulty collision tiles(move through pots and piles of wood near house and possibly other areas, able to move body through vines on house and head through arrow target.)

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 ... 1yz5-2.png
Formerly Blacklord
Arkyan
Peon
Peon

Post by Arkyan »

OK, the cliff thing, I'm just trying use the tilesets in a way that seems like you're going up on the small hill. If that's inappropriate, would someone in power just yell at me and demand I fix it instantly? :P

The collisions and things in wrong layers have been fixed, and my short-sighted copying on the north border is being fixed. (bridge needs to come down to make seamless transition to 14-1)
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

Is the file in the earlier post the updated one?
Formerly Blacklord
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

So map south of 14 won't be using the new tiles I guess...

I think it should probably be in it's own thread, (keeping things neater) but I will reply anyhow.
The grass plants are supposed to be blockable, so they should probably have collision tiles.

The cliff should look like this.

In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
yngwiedmb
Peon
Peon

asked for help?

Post by yngwiedmb »

Here I'm to help with the mapping work! (if you let me)

I already read this topic, and i can figure what you are doing, but I'm a little lost with the name references, so I'dont really know which maps have priority and which are certainly under development. So if it's not a big trouble for you, can post or link a global overview of the maps already done, and some map suggestions for me to do. If you can't and want me to help just tell me which map I do. (No problem for me)

And finally, I wonder if somebody is doing the indoor maps or them don't have any priority? (the maps of some caves and other stuff mapped in the outdoor maps but you can't go in) I can do the work if you want to...

PD. Sorry for my bad english, my native language is spanish...
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

This should help.

BTW, your English is very good.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We don't really need any more maps at the moment.

The game world is in danger of becomming monotonous and dull when we create even more maps with the same old tiles. We need some new tilesets before we can order any new maps.
Last edited by Crush on 19 Aug 2008, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
  • NOT a game master

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Slightly tweaking and perfecting the old ones will not be a crime, though.

And if you do produce quality, we cannot really turn it down on short term either. There just looms the possibility of the map becoming a short-lived one. In any case should be good exercise for new mappers.
This message used to be meaningful.