Estate system

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Aacheron
Peon
Peon

Post by Aacheron »

Personally I'm really fond of the estate system's idea. It lends more of a simulation/RPG feel to it, rather than just a hack'n'slash. One idea would be for the estates to be like demiplanes in D&D - they'd exist as little pockets in nowhere, basically. You could actually implement this into the fluff... The planes might have the equivalent of an IP address or something; a unique identification key in order for people to choose to visit other people's estates...
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

Post by Authoritive Anarchy »

oh and when you decide to implement it, give the owners a command to invite guests to their estate and stuff. you could code this too, so that its on a public map.

just have a street with a path all across it and then put something like if player pays 100000 gold then house.bmp on map1.bmp. if map =20 houses then map2.bmp

it would be much more complex in terms of coding, but it is very possible to do so.
Asgard Online... Comming soon. developement by Authoritive Anarchy Inc.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

We've got something like this worked out already, probably a little bit simpler (and less expensive) than your version though. If you care to read this wiki page it will resolve all your questions about how guests can visit your estate.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.