New Hurnscald Abandoned House

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Red Lord
Novice
Novice

New Hurnscald Abandoned House

Post by Red Lord »

I was playing around with Tiled, decided to change it up a bit. You can sit on the chairs on the right and left sides of the big table. I was thinking about putting a bit more life into this place, perhaps the Chef NPC that I had seen in the graphics area would live here. Not sure though. Also, made one entrance, since there is only one outside.

I wasn't sure how large it was going to be, so I just used the default in Tiled, everything else is done the way the tutorial said so. Also, what is the name of this map so I can test it?

.tmx|Image
Last edited by Red Lord on 23 Jun 2008, 19:34, edited 4 times in total.
Formerly Blacklord
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: New Hurnscald Abandoned House

Post by EJlol »

Can you link the link "Image" to the image instead of the mapfile? :wink:
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

Sorry about that. Changed it.
Formerly Blacklord
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

The house should be in the center of the map. Although it's not needed for indoor maps (read: maps without monsters) the black space should be filled with X, IMO.
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

It has been done, although it may be a bit off center.
Formerly Blacklord
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

This needs be on map 20, since that map hosts most of the buildings in Hurnscald, including this one. If you look around, you will find it on there.

And it appears that you have your files placed in the wrong spots, since I can't open the .tmx without manually editing it. It's looking for files in "/Desktop/graphics/tiles/". When it should be looking for files in "/graphics/tiles/".
The way I have it organized, is I have the maps in "/home/john/.tmw/updates/maps". And I have the tiles in "/home/john/.tmw/updates/graphics/tiles".

Now you don't have to place the tiles like I placed them, (I do it this way simply to keep everything as organized as possible for me) but you do need to have the /maps and the /graphics on the same level. (You will notice mine are both in the /updates folder)

This needs to be done or else your maps are unusable. But once you get your /maps and /graphics on the correct levels, you just manually edit the .tmx in a text editor and delete the /Desktop part of the paths. This will give you the correct directory structure in the .tmx.

Otherwise the edit to the chairs looks good. But, I don't so much like the curtain tile, and I wouldn't use them so much, (or me personally I wouldn't use them at all (I don't think it matches the quality level of the rest of the set)).
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

Done, image is solely of the house not all of the map. Also got a custom data file if you wish to test it.

.tmx|Custom Data File|Image
Formerly Blacklord