Bad Trade

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Bad Trade

Post by Superkoop »

Not quite sure where to post this, but bug reports seems accurate enough.

I was trading with Tokken, he traded to me Winter Gloves, Mush hat, Circlet, Bandana, Axe Hat, and Pumpkin helmet. I (character name Xaru) traded to him 1,520,000.

And my money is now gone, and the items are not in my invy. :?
He also doesn't have the items, but he does have the money.
We were in Tulimshar at the time.
And yes, we have both restarted our clients.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Bad Trade

Post by GonzoDark »

If you are 'full' (at max weight or have 100 items) then you can't get the items, BUT the items will go back. So that means Tokken still have all the items... so unless you did not have 100 items on you, or at your max limit.. this is not an error ;)

Well you could call it an error, because you can in theory trade a lot of items for money to a 'full' person, and you will get both the money, and the items, and he will get nothing out of it (besides less money).

So you could call it a glitch/bug. (but a very old one)

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

*sigh* I bet that's it.

Other people have had this happen to them before also, and they have no idea what does it. So I would call this a bug, seeing as how it doesn't really say in the inventory that you can only hold so many items, and no warnings get thrown up that the trade isn't going to work.

So I ask the question, would it be hard just to put a counter in the inventory window saying how many items you have, and can hold? Something like 78/100. And also ideally, the trade would just plain cancel, and no items/money get traded. It would be like: When FreeSpaceInventory < NumItemsTrade "Cancel".

I guarantee this would prevent a lot of confusion.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

Superkoop wrote: So I ask the question, would it be hard just to put a counter in the inventory window saying how many items you have, and can hold? Something like 78/100. And also ideally, the trade would just plain cancel, and no items/money get traded. It would be like: When FreeSpaceInventory < NumItemsTrade "Cancel".
Peavey, Peavey come out where ever you are!! :o

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

tokken
Peon
Peon

Post by tokken »

I check lots of times and i dont have the items, i told Superkoop (Xaru) that we can share the gp so the lost will not be just of he/she, if there is no other solution we can do that to "solve" that bug in this case....
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Thanks for the report, I've made a task on Mantis here: http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=348
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

GonzoDark wrote:If you are 'full' (at max weight or have 100 items) then you can't get the items, BUT the items will go back. So that means Tokken still have all the items... so unless you did not have 100 items on you, or at your max limit.. this is not an error ;)
// GonzoDark
Actually that's not entirely true. If a trade violates the weight limit, the items will be returned and an error message will warn that the char is overweighted. If however the problem is the 100- items slots; then the items are not returned.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "