Item Exchange

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Should the Reward System Include Higher lvl Items for a Higher cost of Monster Points

Yes,It should include higher lvl items,Yes it should Upgrade Stats and Items.
82%
No,It should stay the way it currently is
18%
No,It should not include higher lvl items,but Yes it should upgrade Stats and Items.
No votes

Total votes: 17
Elite
Peon
Peon

Item Exchange

Post by Elite »

I think it would be cool if like, the Reward System also had a feature were u could trade in items, and based on the rarity it would give a bonus to a weapon, or add something to your stats( like Attribute points), this way people would want to buy useless rare items, to improve their stats or add add-on's to their weapons to make amazing armours and weapons.

And i'd like it if the Reward System wasnt just for nubs, and say you could turn in like 10k points to get a decent weapon or item, and their would be a very small chance that you could get something rare that you could trade into stats, or item add-ons.

I thought of this because, there are so many rare items in this game, but a good majority of them are not practical, and are useless...

like look at bottle of water, heals 250 hp, its worth alot, and thats all it does. But if you were to trade it into stats, you could get 35 Attribute points, or +35 dmg or +35 Def on an Item( must be a peice of Armour) :D

This way people could also customize.
Meat Eater.
Elite
Peon
Peon

Re: Item Exchange

Post by Elite »

lol at least someone agrees
Meat Eater.
Booty
Novice
Novice

Post by Booty »

Trading for stats? That has abuse written all over it. Say hello to even more drop stealing.

Higher level items is good though I would be just as happy to see a bulk process where I can get ten items instead of one. Or better yet just turn monster points into cash.

Right now there are way to many dialog windows in the game, I'm sure (I hope) most of them are there for a reason, like pausing to do a hidden function.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Utilizing the +N system of RO would actually be quite good. Simple to implement too.

It has 4 different levels of items. All of those require a piece of a different resource to upgrade. Level 1 weapons can be upgraded to +7 without risk, level 2 weapons to +6 etc. The maximum I think is +9, but we could make it more and tweak the limits too. Armors could be upgraded with yet another resource to +2 or +4 without risk. Also upgradeable to +9. Upgrading with a risk means risking permanently losing your item. I do not remember the exact risk percentages here, but it was risky. The lower level elements you could buy from the blacksmith shop, but the higher level ones were worth fortunes. There was also some difference between weapon levels how much attack power the +N added to the weapon per count of N, but we could do our own system for the pseudo content.

RO also utilized slots, which made the equipment system balance and economy pretty much. Every monster dropped a card with their picture on it and some attribute to a weapon or a piece of armor (headgear, armor, boots, whatever). Level 1 weapons had a maximum of 4 slots, level 2 weapons had a maximum of 3 slots etc. Usually people settled in the endgame with +7 or +8 lvl2 weapons with 3 good cards. The stuff you got from the shops always had less slots than the maximum for the item type and even in the monster drops the maximum number of slots was really rare in comparison to the lower slot number slots. The ultimate weapons did not have slots. They were just awesome enough as is. Also majority of the cards did have a use for some type of character in the game.
This message used to be meaningful.
Elite
Peon
Peon

Post by Elite »

Booty wrote:Trading for stats? That has abuse written all over it. Say hello to even more drop stealing.

Higher level items is good though I would be just as happy to see a bulk process where I can get ten items instead of one. Or better yet just turn monster points into cash.

Right now there are way to many dialog windows in the game, I'm sure (I hope) most of them are there for a reason, like pausing to do a hidden function.
No i dont think this would really lead to problems, because

If someone drop steals they can just go to Jail, and besides if this was added into the game, it wouldnt hurt the economy because it would solve inflamation, not to mention it would actually benefit to collect rare useless items, and when i say rare, i mean RARE drops to be used for this, like Rare and Legendary items, not 1.5%, like below 1% drop rate.( Event non rare items are not included)
Meat Eater.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Usually I'd call a 1% drop rate item "common".

Rare would start from below 0,1%.

Legendary should be somewhere around 0,01%.

But for a sustainable structure like this, we'd just need a helluva lot more items out there.
Elite
Peon
Peon

Post by Elite »

I think this could help actually help alot, since their are alot of useless items, you could always ask players to create names and definitions of items.

The Poll is tippin in my favor :D
Meat Eater.
Elite
Peon
Peon

Post by Elite »

Rotonen wrote:Utilizing the +N system of RO would actually be quite good. Simple to implement too.

It has 4 different levels of items. All of those require a piece of a different resource to upgrade. Level 1 weapons can be upgraded to +7 without risk, level 2 weapons to +6 etc. The maximum I think is +9, but we could make it more and tweak the limits too. Armors could be upgraded with yet another resource to +2 or +4 without risk. Also upgradeable to +9. Upgrading with a risk means risking permanently losing your item. I do not remember the exact risk percentages here, but it was risky. The lower level elements you could buy from the blacksmith shop, but the higher level ones were worth fortunes. There was also some difference between weapon levels how much attack power the +N added to the weapon per count of N, but we could do our own system for the pseudo content.

RO also utilized slots, which made the equipment system balance and economy pretty much. Every monster dropped a card with their picture on it and some attribute to a weapon or a piece of armor (headgear, armor, boots, whatever). Level 1 weapons had a maximum of 4 slots, level 2 weapons had a maximum of 3 slots etc. Usually people settled in the endgame with +7 or +8 lvl2 weapons with 3 good cards. The stuff you got from the shops always had less slots than the maximum for the item type and even in the monster drops the maximum number of slots was really rare in comparison to the lower slot number slots. The ultimate weapons did not have slots. They were just awesome enough as is. Also majority of the cards did have a use for some type of character in the game.
I think this would be an awesome idea, but items instead of cards, and i think the probability of creation/failure should be based on Blacksmithing Level, like say you have an item, and ordanary Dagger(+50 Dmg), then you get it upgraded from turning in a rare item to the reward system, so you can add 35+ dmg onto it or maybe some other affects, like increased speed, etc. So the weapon would start getting titles, and its level would go up for every time it is upgraded, however to get it upgraded you must have someone craft it with blacksmithing, and the first 5 lvls of the blacksmithing will be easy, and the last will have higher failure rate, and the final failure rate( for LVL 10) will be like a 50/50 chance, but will give huge boosts, but to get to lvl 10 you could have to of given up at least X amount of rare's, and X amount of Legendary items.
And to give it magical affects like increased Speed( Haste) or something along that like poisioning, or w/e you would have to enchant it, but that would increase the weapons lvl and weapons and items would have a Top Level of LVL 10. So you would have to prob pick a nice weapon and very rare items along the way.
Meat Eater.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Refine levels could be implemented quite easily (Rotonen made a little error. The maximum is +10 and not +9). The refine process seems to be completely script-controlled in the original RO, thus there is nothing which stops us from scripting our own refine system using NPCs.

When we create an NPC-based refining system we could have refine requirements like:

-talking to an NPC or a series of NPCs (and maybe choosing the right dialog options)
-paying some money
-giving away some items
-having some items but keeping them (like tools)
-having specific stats (INT is currently completely unnecessary - maybe we could make INT important for upgrading and thus give people the opportunity to create INT-based characters to take money for upgrading and thus create some economy)
-The grace of the random number god

It is also not much work to create some new (unequipable) items for the refining system.

Feel free to suggest refinement systems which can be realized with these possibilities.

Regarding implementation of the card system: Adding support for this will be much more complicated. Especially because it might be possible that some (or maybe all) of the items currently in the game can not take any cards. I would rather try to do what can be done with the refine system before we proceed to the implementation of the card system.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Sorry about the +9, it was simply the highest I had ever seen online.

Also yes, only the refine system is trivially implementable.

Also I would not go for the INT solution since it would force people to develop INT mules just for that.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Rotonen wrote:Also I would not go for the INT solution since it would force people to develop INT mules just for that.
That's in fact the point of it.

Some people will do the hassle to create int-based twinks while others won't. Then the people who don't have int characters have to pay the people who have to upgrade their equipment.

This will result in more player interaction and economy.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Elite
Peon
Peon

Post by Elite »

awesome
Meat Eater.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

In case you misunderstood me: We are waiting for proposals from the community. This is only a suggestion how it could be done.
  • NOT a game master

Elite
Peon
Peon

Post by Elite »

ya i know
Meat Eater.
Miana
Peon
Peon

Post by Miana »

Let me start by saying I have not read through this entire post. I just wanted to emphasize a point before something like this was ever considered. The largest downfalls of many games are a lack of balance. Right now the realm is far from balanced. There is no gradual increase in monster difficulty, there is little to no gold to be found in the game, and items go from starting level of +2, and then jumping to +20, with little to nothing inbetween.

Many players believe they want more power, better stats, and an easy way to get them. Though a sustainable system, one that survives the test of time, needs balance. Work out the balance issues first, and then go back and see what needs to be done for the Monster Kills reward system.

- Miana