PERMANENT DEATH

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: PERMANENT DEATH

Post by Rotonen »

The only way I could see permanent death in TMW would be to allow the creation of the so called "hardcore characters".

I guess the nuance would have its audience and it does not take anything out of the fun of regular players.
This message used to be meaningful.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Personally I would love :evil: PERMANENT DEATH :evil:

But I realize most people wouldn't be able to handle it
Pixel Battalion
Iceslab
Peon
Peon

Post by Iceslab »

My vote against that.... Too much time invested, go on vacation and lose your account equals totally pissed off.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

What about permanent death, but then your old character becomes a spirit NPC that comes out at night. If you find him/her, it'll bestow its stats upon your younger character.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

BOFH inside me says...GREAT IDEA!
But the RPG players says: HELL NO!
And here is the rare case when the Player inside me wins.

Regards.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

zick wrote:What about permanent death, but then your old character becomes a spirit NPC that comes out at night. If you find him/her, it'll bestow its stats upon your younger character.
Actually i onced played a geme where when you (temporarily) died , you became a ghost and had to walk back to the temple to revive , while you were a ghost you couldnt talk , kill , buy or use objects , just walk..
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

I read that death on the new server leads to a labyrinth that you had to make your way out of ... This concept could be expanded: what if death led to a completely different world (possibly a nega-verse) with ghost versions of monsters, dead trees, houses in disrepair ... but also npc's that could teach you things, or give you quests that only exist in the negaverse ... maybe kinda like when frodo puts on the ring in lotr. I don't know, I'm just rambling.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

putting some life in the afterlife, in form of some NPCs and quests, was parts of the plan.

But there won't be any combat in the afterlife. You and everything else in the afterlife is already dead, so why bother fighting?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Crush wrote:putting some life in the afterlife, in form of some NPCs and quests, was parts of the plan.

But there won't be any combat in the afterlife. You and everything else in the afterlife is already dead, so why bother fighting?
Mabey if you die in the after life you come back to life. Reincarnation?
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Black Don wrote:
Crush wrote:putting some life in the afterlife, in form of some NPCs and quests, was parts of the plan.

Too easy. A quest that spans both worlds would be interesting.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Black Don wrote:

Or, how about there are "Super powered" monsters, which are basically impossible to kill, and when they kill you, you go to a lower level of the death zone. Each lower level could be a bit bigger, and harder to get out of, so if you kill the monster (maybe it could be a demon type of thing) you get out of the death zone automatically. They could maybe have relative stats to the player, so it's at a difficulty hard enough for every level of player. And it would be VERY risky to fight the monster, because the player would only stand like a 15-20% chance of winning. (NOTE: The monsters wouldn't normally interfere with the player in the death zone, so the player would have to start the battle)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

I always thought ghost (spirit) monsters would be cool ... they are impervious to weapons other than high level ones. Basically when you attack them, they would dissipate into thin air and reappear behind you to attack you. But that's just me.