New music Theme

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

marcusvinicius
Peon
Peon

New music Theme

Post by marcusvinicius »

This is still a sketch. Give me your opinion about the music. Do you think this a nice piece for TMW?

http://www.4shared.com/file/54273989/be ... d=4c1e3a2c
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New music Theme

Post by Crush »

I like its heroic tune, but there is a drum in there which sounds really obnoxiouse.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

it gives me a festival feeling.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Not going to go into nitpicking about how it is rendered.

A bit generic and hasty. Average TV series title production quality. So not bad at all, but probably not going to be remembered for years to come.

Would really benefit from developing and building up the theme slower during the piece. The intro does catch you and the effect lasts until ~00:12. Then at around ~00:30 you have a sort of a climax for that and just abandon the previous buildup and go for the main course. The latter part does have potential for being very loopable and actually being memorable. For our usage you should take that part and expand upon it. It feels like it would have a lot of room to have variable buildups and explorations for minutes. Especially the parallel string cascadisations could go a lot further and the horn elements hold the potential for an orgy of diversity.
This message used to be meaningful.
marcusvinicius
Peon
Peon

Post by marcusvinicius »

I like its heroic tune, but there is a drum in there which sounds really obnoxiouse.
Do you think the audio samples obnoxiouse?
I have used a free soundfont called squidfont. I assume It has a few sound problems but I think It isn´t "obnoxiouse".
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

I like it. It's lively and spritely. There's plenty going on, but doesn't get messy :)

A really rather strange ending, lol, but as I understand, this isn't yet finished.

The only drum sound I can think Crush may be referring to is the timpani? Admittedly, I'm not very good at using my timps in orchestral tracks... I think it may just be the emphasised hits which occur from beginning of track, to about 00:33...

The drum seems to dominate these strikes... I think obnoxious is a rather strong word for it... and it sounds fine after 00:33 for some reason...

Apart from that, this is very nicely arranged :)
marcusvinicius
Peon
Peon

Post by marcusvinicius »

Thanks darunias!! I remaked the second part of the song and I add a best reverb to it:

http://www.4shared.com/file/54905062/45 ... d=4c1e3a2c

I am waiting feedbacks.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I've noticed that you are using the MP3 format. But the audio file format used by TMW is OGG. To avoid any quality losses by reencoding when we put your music into the game you should try to encode your music directly to OGG.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The gap at the end seems a bit long The gap at the beginning should be enough for proper looping.
marcusvinicius
Peon
Peon

Post by marcusvinicius »

I've noticed that you are using the MP3 format. But the audio file format used by TMW is OGG. To avoid any quality losses by reencoding when we put your music into the game you should try to encode your music directly to OGG.
Do you really want to put my music in your game?The music still seems a sketch, when I finish it I will post the ogg.
nycsounddesign
Peon
Peon

Post by nycsounddesign »

I think it sounds pretty cool, and that the arrangement is tight.
I'm looking forward to hearing another mix.
The only things that immediately stuck out to me were the drums, sounding a bit stabby in the beginning, and the harp at the end, which sounded a little out of place.
I'd say to make this one better-make a little more space in the audio mix by adjusting frequency levels of each instrument, or by removing some instruments, but I personally think it's a great start.