My Observations (Very Lengthy!)

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: My Observations (Very Lengthy!)

Post by Matt »

Crank wrote:Just saying that makes you seem like a jealous school girl trying to stir up drama in peoples projects to keep yours the most popular. You boast the 100% free part until someone does something original, then you get all pissy :3. Haha..
Well I don't Duck care ;) I don't really think we are in a Debian/Ubuntu position here.

And stop editing quotes ;)
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Crank wrote:@ OP: This is beginning to be one of the most controversial posts. Seems that only the hardcore members can disagree, but of course they will, its their project and they are proud. I would be too. But its gonna take some new perspectives to keep this server afloat. Also, does anyone even advertise this game? No one really takes initiative to find players, only let players find them. Shame shame.
If by "perspectives", you mean "programmers", you are right. ;) TMW does not need new perspectives, it needs more good C++ programmers.

And there really is no reason to advertise the game yet, it's still pre-alpha, and it feels like it. I have recommended TMW to people before, and they enjoy it, but seriously it's not yet ready for the lime light. Anyhow, I'm sure TMW should get enough attention being in the CCA's this year. :P

Also, you may have totally missed it but, yesterday 7 new maps, 1 map has a new west border, 1 new baddy, the dyer money sink, water bottles are now easier to get, oranges, tank tops, warlord plate, bug fixes, and probably more has gotten updated into the game that I can't think of. It may have taken a bit of time, but seriously, I don't see TMW dying anytime soon. ;) (it will take players a couple months just to memorize the cave maps and not get lost ;))
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaggy »

Superkoop wrote:It may have taken a bit of time,
That's it... They should have been released much sooner (after all, I know you had the material for some time).

The problem, is that you've lost your focus. You're concentrating too much on TMWserv, and not enough on the current server.

And no, eA is not broken, nor ever was broken. It seems that it hasn't been used correctly (take for example, the rapid-attack bug - simply a mis-configuration).
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

Shaggy wrote:The problem, is that you've lost your focus. You're concentrating too much on TMWserv, and not enough on the current server.
Well, correct me if I’m wrong, but I always thought this project was about creating TMWserv, eAthena is merely a tool used on the way towards a joyful experience on TMW’s own server. 8)
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Indeed. But somehow our playerbase grow and grow ^^