Cloth color suggestions

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Cloth color suggestions

Post by Crush »

As you've seen with the tank tops and the (yet to be unlocked by the money hoarders) cloth dyer NPC we started to use equipment sprite recoloring excessively.

We currently use 7 different colors:

But we still got some item IDs reserved for 3 additional colors. Are there any other colors you would like to have?

Ideas on IRC so far:
#themanaworld wrote:[19:56] Scraggy: orange, grey
[19:56] EJlol: white, brown, orange, gray
[19:56] Scraggy: tan
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Re: Cloth color suggestions

Post by Black Don »

orange and purple

this might be off topic but how about a lighter gray warlord plate to better match the warlord helm ;)
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

orange and purple would be very nice actually

I agree with Don on the Warlord Plate. Right now it matches the new Crusade helm.
Formerly Blacklord
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

Please add orange to complement the fancy hat and pumpkin helmet.

Thank you, everyone involved, for adding more colors to the game.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

purple and white
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

Yes, orange and purple.

That way the original pride flag can be done by eight players (pink · red · orange · yellow · green · turqoise [light blue] · blue [dark blue] · violet [purple])!

For the third colour I have no personal preference. But white might be quite traditional.

Pondering 1: A variant of the dyer script (which I haven’t read yet) could be that Selim says ”Sorry, that one’s already dyed. I might be able to turn it into a darker blue or black though.”, if the player hands over a light blue cloth. In such a fashion the only colour which could be dyed into all the others is white, unless they are bleached first...

Pondering 2: Some kind of (un)natural bleaching detergent has come into a certain water stream, making anyone who is passing through/beneath a waterfall some distance away (a cave hidden behind the waterfall, or something) will have all their dyed/bleechable cloths bleeched, wanted or not.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Orange, purple, and brown/tan, if the base (original) items are made white, that is (v-neck is currently red and turtleneck is currently light blue). Also, the light blue cotton shirt isn't very distinguishable from the white coloring.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

jaxad0127 wrote: Also, the light blue cotton shirt isn't very distinguishable from the white coloring.
rly? It looks quite distinguishable to me, are you sure your screensettings for colors are ok?
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

To change from my last post. The three colors should be.

Orange Purple White
Formerly Blacklord
mangamaniac
Novice
Novice

Post by mangamaniac »

Blacklord wrote:Orange Purple White
ditto
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

Ces wrote:Pondering 1: A variant of the dyer script (which I haven’t read yet) could be that Selim says ”Sorry, that one’s already dyed. I might be able to turn it into a darker blue or black though.”, if the player hands over a light blue cloth. In such a fashion the only colour which could be dyed into all the others is white, unless they are bleached first...

Pondering 2: Some kind of (un)natural bleaching detergent has come into a certain water stream, making anyone who is passing through/beneath a waterfall some distance away (a cave hidden behind the waterfall, or something) will have all their dyed/bleechable cloths bleeched, wanted or not.
I do like this idea that once you dye something you can only continue dyeing along the same spectrum. Like start light blue, go to a medium blue, then can fork to purple or navy ... after that you can maybe go black, but other than that you're stuck (unless you bleach it - an idea that I don't really like but who am I?)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

With that irreversibility clause, it would become a much more efficient money sink.
This message used to be meaningful.
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Post by sugarcorgit »

Dear Crush,
Orange and Purple.

As far as getting the bug money out of the game. Here is a note for those cheaters. For those of you reading this note who cheated your way into the position of top dollar holders in the game, you know who you are and you know what got you there. By now you have found out having all this money has brought you no happiness and ruined your own personal fun. The rest of us that dont cheat train for our levels, and earned every penny one bug leg at a time are over here forced to try our best to cover for you. We are selling our own personal precious rares and running to the woodlands to sink those funds into the dye man, or resetting players. We have more efforts behind this sink still to come as thats the kind of folks we are. I Challenge those of you who have caused the upset to come forward. We challenge you to go and sink that money and do so with gusto. Enough damage has been done, but hope remains. Do the right thing and do it right away. Dump that dirty money in the dryer and find some resolution in having done the right thing. Be pretty upset with yourselves, walk away learning that ethics, honestly and loyalty were the things you did when you did your dumps. The devil money was dangled in front of your noses and you gave in. Fair enough understood. It will get worse from here, dump it or face the reset with us. Time to come to the plate and do the right thing. Keep a little honor for yourselves.
For the love of the game. Get ahold of yourselves and see the damage you have done, only you can save us.
Two choices
1) dump the dirty money
2) become a small lvl nothing player in the game with the rest of us.
Save us and save yourselves.
We cant do it without you.
Steps off my soap box.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

This is off topic but Sugar your rant would have been more appropriate posted under my thread "are the money sinks working?"
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

Orange and Dark Green
-Cosmostrator