Galexia (Internationally Renowned 97/100 album of the year

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Wind
Peon
Peon

Galexia (Internationally Renowned 97/100 album of the year

Post by Wind »

This is Kenneth Joseph Spaziani the one man band behind 'Galexia'.

Galexia is a blend of endless genres of and styles all into one song structure. I play all instruments myself in my studio, and am skilled in any type of music from heavy battle themes, to ambient journeys through forests. I can create any sound of music you can describe in words to me. To hear my work or read more about me visit: http://www.myspace.com/galexiaband I suggest listening to Recidivate for beautiful Violin driven ballad, and 'Asfixia' for an example of ambience with wonderful female vocals.

I would love to create music for the game, and it may even be good publicity for the game itself.

I'll be checking the thread but contact me

Windkun@Gmail.com
Phone: 203-747-4456

Peace and love

also check out the metal-archives article.
http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=94942
Lecter
Novice
Novice

Re: Galexia (Internationally Renowned 97/100 album of the year

Post by Lecter »

I'm not one of the game admin, but I think it would be nice, however we have to consider the GPL nature of the game, and also, since its music for a game, it might be different than making music only for music, making music for a game often require to respect the general ambience of the game, or of a theme/area from the game.
Wind
Peon
Peon

Post by Wind »

Well aware, I am up to the task. I have a highly creative imagination.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Sorry for the slow response. Also sorry for not contacting you via email, but you seem to read the forums too.

Nice to have more and more people on board who are aware of the entire work process and toolchain involved.

With you I plan to get more in contact and use you for playing around with the planned regional themes. This is probably going to happen in early August if the conceptual development gods are with us.

Until I can actually have any constructive basis for bigger work units, you're going to have to work with something a bit more vague: swamp. The elements I'd like to have there would be low tempo slightly offbeat large (Amazonian treetrunk sized, really deep sound) wooden drums and serene long flute sounds.

Somehow based on me listening on your work that seems the thing you might be able to pull off most naturally.

Have a go at it, come up with a test piece. Have a few variations and/or alternatives and we'll shape it towards the goal together from there.
This message used to be meaningful.
Wind
Peon
Peon

Post by Wind »

Will do, workin' on it now.
Wind
Peon
Peon

Post by Wind »

almost done, posting soon.
Wind
Peon
Peon

Post by Wind »

Swamp - The next step would be adding ambiences like frogs, perhaps even tribal chanting. Its short, and ment for re-looping. Set it to loop in your mp3 player, the ending is fantastic imo with the mellotron flutes trippily soloing over the chorus riff. Hope the tree trunk size drums sound as you expected, have a nice low roaring reverb to them, jazzy tribal style drum beat. Love it.

http://galexiaband.com/2008/Swamp_mixdown.mp3

Let me know what you think. After the first riff which is the chorus, it solo's around melodically until hitting the pre-chorus and the chorus again, which reloops at the opening - I feel it has memorable qualities. let em know.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I've noticed that you are using the MP3 format. But the audio file format used by TMW is OGG. To avoid any quality losses by reencoding when we put your music into the game you should try to encode your music directly to OGG.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Wind
Peon
Peon

Post by Wind »

will do, just awaiting opinions on the music first please.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The drumbeat at the start of the song sounds a bit too strong (especially after looping), when compared with the ones that follow. Having it a bit softer than those would allow an easier transition to having them after looping.

0:36-0:38 the flute (?) melody sounds quite out of place with the rest of the song. Try making it progressively slower, elongating the last note and letting it merge seamlessly into the next.
Wind
Peon
Peon

Post by Wind »

I like that melody, as it feels drifty and is a reverse triad arpeggio.

Curious to wait for the lords comments, the looping is just timed off by a mili second or so, i can fix that at the end.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Wow, nice track! It could certainly be used to compliment my Jungle track. Perhaps you could remake my track to make it sound a little more professional and to create a consistent sound. :)
~Feline Monstrosity
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

What drums are in there, I think that the ones that don't supply the big BOOM sound should be a bit quieter.
Formerly Blacklord
Wind
Peon
Peon

Post by Wind »

its me on my drum kit =/ will try to mic it down

will check out the jungle track, I plan on doing as much possible.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

So far I like what I've heard.

With a more laid back and slower tempo could potentially contribute more to the generic feel of a swamp area I'm thinking about.

Also with this, you basically have free hands to take a stab at anything you desire.

How about actually playing the game a bit (walking around and seeing what's going on) and trying to do something nice for our desert environment? Windy could be the key word here, but I have absolutely no idea on how to portray that plausibly in a musical sense also in a fashion which will not get on your nerves on the 1000th loop of the piece.
This message used to be meaningful.