JAIL MAP

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Habari
Novice
Novice

JAIL MAP

Post by Habari »

we need a jail map to put people that are temporarily banned because of breaking the rules
how about this one:
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Re: JAIL MAP

Post by Shaggy »

Jail? with those beds?

I thought items in cells were supposed to be basic!
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

I wouldn't do that..
It should be a punishment, I say we mute them and send them to the 1 black square.

I once played a Ragnarok Online server that had large jail cells where you could talk to other inmates but this only made it fun (alot of don't drop the soap jokes)
Pixel Battalion
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Well, this is a game which is supposed to be fun, what you would like to do? Beat the people with a club? I would prefer a prison to punish people in role playing way for minor offences in game than poking them with a ban stick. However we would need a new tile set I think.
And if they are talking there, then well, in real prison people also talk with each other.

Regards.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Platyna wrote:Well, this is a game which is supposed to be fun, what you would like to do? Beat the people with a club? I would prefer a prison to punish people in role playing way for minor offences in game than poking them with a ban stick. However we would need a new tile set I think.
And if they are talking there, then well, in real prison people also talk with each other.

Regards.
I think we could use i's concrete walls tileset as a start for the prison.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

I think the Arena Tile set would work nice for a medieval style Jail. I still wold not want to abandon the single black square idea. Keep the black square for the really bad and call it "The Hole".
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

The black square is IMHO to be used for isolation, in special cases.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Platyna wrote:Well, this is a game which is supposed to be fun, what you would like to do? Beat the people with a club? I would prefer a prison to punish people in role playing way for minor offences in game than poking them with a ban stick. However we would need a new tile set I think.

Regards.
Yes the game should be fun, but not the punishments within the game :?
you speak of role playing but didn't many of the jails of the past use sensory deprivation going as far as to beating the inmates should they talk (because it was believed that it was a time to repent to god and talking would only impede this) at least mute them :twisted:
I think we could use i's concrete walls tileset as a start for the prison.
Probably
Pixel Battalion
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'm willing to go with a surrealistic jail.

Just make it happen and worry less about how it is going to look like.
This message used to be meaningful.
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaggy »

Make it look as plain as possible, otherwise people will want to commit a crime just to see the cell. Alternatively, provide a passage whereby people could see the cells, and the criminals who have been incarcerated.
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Surrealistic prison is not a prison. :( I would go for some variation of Pelican Bay. :D

Regards.
master
Peon
Peon

Post by master »

Nice idea, I would love a prison in the game, as well as a place to let other players see them. Maybe you can also put their crimes over their head, so if they are a scammer, other players can see that and realize not to trade or talk to them.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

no one in jail should have the ability to trade. People would just trade there stuff to another character.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Black Don wrote:no one in jail should have the ability to trade. People would just trade there stuff to another character.
If the viewing area is far enough from the jail area, that'll be enough to block trades with guests.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

Black Don wrote:no one in jail should have the ability to trade. People would just trade there stuff to another character.
why not?? there could be drug trade in the prison :lol: